Always Tired and Sad

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have anxiety disorders problem. I have been taking Duloxetine, Xanax daily for 6 months. Looking back, I feel better about 80%. But I am tired, sad, does not want to do anything fun. I am 50, used to an active person. Do you feel the same things? People who don't have the anxiety issues, they don't understand what we have been through.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

you are right, people without anxiety don’t realize what we go through on a daily basis. I’m glad you feel better but I’m a little concerned about the daily Xanax that you take. It can be addictive so I hope you are talking with your doctor about this. Sometimes when people are tired and sad they are also depressed. anxiety and depression go hand-in-hand. I would advise you to speak with a counselor who can help you manage all of this. This is very difficult to go through alone and it really helps to speak with someone else . take care of yourself

• Posted

although this does not take the place of a doctor or counselor, there are some very soothing and calming meditations on YouTube for anxiety, depression, sleep, etc. There are also some great motivational meditations.

• Posted

Thank you Jan, I saw a counselor 2 times. It does not help me much. She said I should think I do the best I can. Yes, sometimes I think just anxiety, not make me to die, then I am happy. Then a few seconds later, I sad again because my body ache, head hurt, very tired, no motivation. I work 40 hrs/week and do things I have to do. After that, I jump to bed. Many times, I told myself should get up and do exercise, but I did not.

I could not do a lot of things anymore. Seeing my garden is a big mess, I feel useless. It has been more than a year. Maybe, some motivation on YouTube help. I will try.

Yes, I asked my doctor about taking Xanax every day. He said there is another medication, but he does not want me to take too many medications. He think I will be back to myself in 2 months, so it is ok to take xanax every days until see him next time (in 2 months). Xanax helps me able to go to work. I live in US, if I loose work, I will loose everything: health insurance for my family, house,...

• Posted

hi Tracy, yes.....absolutely, I feel the same way.

I take Valium 2x p/da, once in the am, and one at bedtime. it sometimes works, other's....not so much.

I've got some other health issues goin on, so it's hard to tell what's, what.....but I'm often in need of a nap at some point in the day.

I'm in my 60's, and becoming more aware everyday; just how much getting older SUCKS! it's better than the alternative, but JEEZZZ........

• Posted

Btw....I forgot to add that I too am sad and just downright Emotional ALL the time.😢

• Posted

Thank you Linda. Sometimes I don't know whether I will be back to myself. I cannot live like this forever. I don't know why I don't want to do things that I used to do. I play my guitar every weekend, now I have not touched it for year. I don't want to listen to music or watching TV. I have lost my life.

• Posted

hey benzos are only meant to be short time so i would say that your body has got addicted to xanax by now. if you take the same dosage every day for more than a couple of weeks you loose the affect of the drug unless you up your dosage but that is the reason doctors only give you small amounts. you need to talk to your doctor about a better dosage or how to come off xanax because the side affects can be horrible coming off benzos

• Posted

Hi Josh, I take 1/2 dose of Xanax that doctor gave me. I take it enough to have less chest pains and headaches that I can handle to go to work and do house work.

I was taking a wrong medications for six months, my anxiety disorders is now very severe. Before seeing my psychiatrist, my head hurt a lot, I could not sleep at all for 3 months, I got to the point that I just want to die.

Now, I don't care if I am addicted or will be addicted. I will take care of my addiction later. Now, I just want all pains gone, give my life back.

• Posted

Thank you all of you to read and responded my post. I feel good to share with people who have gone through the same problem. I have big family and friends to share, but it seem they don't understand how hard for me to handle work every day. My husband is supportive and helps me, but I don't think he understands either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.