Always under the weather. Is this common?

Posted , 8 users are following.

It seems like for the last year I always feel under the weather. Always a headache, sinus pressure and post nasal drip, upset tummy, decreased appitite, mild chest pain thats doesnt seem to be cardiac related as far as all the testing shows. Sometimes feeling chilly and feverish when I have no fever. Loose stool some days and not others. Of course there are tons of other issues from the list of 50 peri symptoms that I am pretty sure that are peri related but is it normal to feel crummy all of the time? Im starting to panic that its something insidious

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori, as far as my experience so far, absofeckinlutely lol...add to that fogginess and weird thoughts.......it's a definite mental pause lol
    • Posted

Lol absolutely. Absofleckinlutely soo funny. And believe me I need a laugh right now cause I've been in mental pause nine years!!!
    • Posted

Thank you for your response and even more so thank you for the laugh. I dont do that much lately.
  • Posted

Hi

I feel exactly the same. I started Hrt 9 weeks ago. Certain things have eased but not others. Every day I have something,oh yes the severe headaches every day. Today I'm all jumpy,my heartrate is 99 bpm for no reason and I can't be bothered with anything and it's such a lovely sunny day. My husband suggested going out for a small walk on the cliffs. I physically couldn't. My legs are like jelly and my head and eyes hurt. He is so understanding but I feel awful for him. He has gone because I told him he should. I know it sounds silly but I really don't know how I can carry on like this.

• Posted

Absolutely bloody hell I have felt unwell for months and months like flu some days headaches aches anxiety feeling sweaty cold shivery you name it I've had it xxx
  • Posted

All I can say is yes yes and hell yes.

Stop the crazy train I want to get off.

Never felt so ill in my entire life since being in peri. It's been nine years and counting. I'm convinced I'm dying every day.

It's definitely the worst time in my life and I'm soon to be 49.

I've had five kids postnatal depression twice and this is by far the worst!!!!!

I never in a million years knew hormones could do this!!!

Stay strong ladies we are all in this together xx

• Posted

Lord help me. I printed out the symptoms list and I think I suffer from 2/3rds of them at any given time. I NEVER feel well. Im not even sure what well feels like anymore. Like some of you have said, "I believe Im dieing some days". My husband must think Im completly off my rocker becuase every few days its something new that Im sure is going to be the death of me. I have a clotting risk from Factor V Leiden and so Im not a candidate for HRT but I have read a few articles that suggest that the transdermal route is less risky. I am going to ask my doctor about trying the patches and see if cutting them in quarters or in half might be an option. Any relief at all from this madness is welcome. Im only starting this menopause garbage as its been only about a year so far but it keeps getting worse as the months march on. I have told my hubby that I think IM going insane no fewer than 20 times this year. Why is it that the doctors say things like " your too young for that" or "I'm not sure that those symptoms are menopause related"? Seems like I get far better information from you ladies than from all those men doctor types. :oP
  • Posted

Your not alone praying one day we all feel better and get through this ugly thing we call menopause

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.