am 72 very depressed family dont care

Posted , 4 users are following.

On third month of fluoxetine 20mg a day. Does nausea ever stop

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Valerie i know is difficult and hard to adjust to medications but sometimes we need more than that friend to talk to to outside and be in nature do you have friends that can take you out it is sad that family is not carring sorry to hear that if you need to talk to someone or feel lonely you can message me i whuld like to know more about you sometimes we might just need that

Take care of yourself try the best you can and no matter how hard can get never give up

• Posted

Hello Danielle. Thanks for yr reply of support. Brought family up on own since 22.  Sicka living at mo no friends dont get out. So much for devotion? Nausea when eaten is nuisance and dizziness which stops me doing things.  Thinking of going in home but reports are not good might be jumping from frying pan into fire. Dont know what to do with myself. Take care x
    • Posted

Hi Valerie i did the same thing was razing my son since i was 23 all alone than 18 years leter i had my daughter she is 5 now life can be so cruel if you dont have support im all alone with my kids my son is 24 and does not understand what im going trough i live in canada and have no family members expect my kids my parents live in Europe is not easy and thise days is hard to find trye friend but no matter what i try to fight and take day by day is not easy but no matter what i cant give up where are you from i hope you are not far away i dont mind being there for you even trough here
  • Posted

Oh dear, I don't no how you have done it, I am having trouble with side effects 10mg week 3, did you have any side effects at the beginning, I am 58 also menapausel, have trouble sleeping , wake up with a coldness around stomach that sends me nearly in panic attacks, not feeling very sick, I am thinking of going right down to 5mg, what do your doctor say about carrying on with 20mg, take care

• Posted

Hello susan.  Yr side effects do seem strange and uncomfortable to say the least. Maybe theyre i terfering with system cos u r menopausal and dont suit you but cant see going down to 5 any help. Dont think i cud cope with yr symptoms. Its sickness everytime i eat with me and dizziness.  It all makes things worse.  Cant see doc till 8 june!! Think i need MORE cos dont want to live. No friends dont get out no chats and other ailments brought my family up on own since being 22. Hope yrs stabd by you. You young hang in there it early days and they say up to 8 wks to get in system. I get up and walk round bungalow to calm down. Take care x
    • Posted

Im so sorry that you dont have no one around i know what loneliness can do to you belie me im there please be strong
    • Posted

O dear Danielle. I do feel for you itis hard on own but your five year old must give you joy so make most of that time with her. 24, no wont understand but he adult now.  I am in UK am 72 brought up 4. My experience is that the older they and you get, the less they care. Even raised granchildren.  All too busy with own lives. Different generation i looked after my parents.  Nearly 2am getting hot milk and try to sleep tomorrow another day x
    • Posted

Dear Valerie i know worst pain can come from ones that are closest to you your own flesh do you have any friends at least one person to talk to i know is difficult when no one understand the emptynes what happened to you do you have husband im all alone and this feeling of loneliness is killing me i take my daughter to school and come home and cry seams like no one understand i do have friends but i dont feel like talking to no one is so hard to find the way to get out from the circle of unhappiness but i know i have to live for my baby girl if i give up she will be all alone talk to me any time you fell lonely i fell the same way you are not alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.