Am I?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I have suffered with anx and depression for many years, but lately bipolar has been mentioned by my therapist. Could I run through my main symptoms and you kind people can give an opinion? I have bad anxiety most of the time, I don't have a classic high, my high is more about lack of need for sleep, don't seem to need much food, loads of creative work going on and I get really out of sorts if I'm interrupted. My downs happen generally after a high time of a few weeks, then I just crash out - dont want to do anything or talk to anyone

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Reading this discussion it's very interesting, I to have been diagnosed with Bi-polar, ups and downs hated everyone including my husband even called the police on him when he had done nothing wrong, I have spent a fortune, re-mortaged the house twice which we will never repay not sleeping and sometimes forget to eat. I am now on Lamotrigine during the day 400mg and  Quetiapine for night 100mg which do help with sleep. I am under a Phsyciatrist but haven't been for a while as I still feel ashamed, upset and ask why me. Can anyone help with any ways of clearing or stopping my debt or wiping it off due to this illness, thanks Suzanne  
  • Posted

Hi. Like you I have read all the comments in this thread ... I am male based in UK and  have had to give up work ... I am just a complete wreck ... I am under CHMT etc ... BUT dont seem to be going anywhere, so have requested ( and got) a complete change in my support team .  

What has really annoyed me is that, like all of you on this thread you start to read around the symptoms  what medications are for what and is it just me scenarios .. I find I have been prescribed Zimovane, and allowed to increase the dosage to 15mg along with Cipralex as an anti-depressent on top of Lomotragine, on top of Clonazepam ...on top off ...STOP . I found these were not doing me any good , I have been on them fr over 18 months, when these should be short-term only .. SO went cold turkey last Friday ( yes I did advise my GPs that I was doing this ) and here I am today ...a complete wreck .... SO ...if I take the mediction I am a wreck . and do the most crazy things that I dont even remember doing them and I am talking days not just one day , OR not taking them , and then getting the emotional hits and paranoia thoughts , but being conscious of day to day events? I have lost 60 lb in weight over the last few months also , but have much drive to keep working on jobs arund the house 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.