Skip to content
Ad

Bipolar Affective Disorder

Also known as Hypomania, Mania

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• I'm back again!!!

Hi as anyone who follows the chats on here will recognise I ask for help/advise when my partner is having an episode!! What I want to know is when I can see his behaviour changing & leading up to an episode what can I do if anything to prevent it happening  Also this happens every 3/4 months...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just got told i have Bipolar.

I've thought it was possible for some time, a Dr once mentioned it to me before and i completely shut off the idea. But I'm Bipolar no one knows beside me and my partner. He works shift work and is away for 7 days and home for 7 days we have a 2 year old child. I found out when he was at work...

Last reply
  • I don't know how much more I can take...

I need to vent, and maybe get some support.. So I'm 25 and a single mom of two boys, work full time. I suffer from Bipolar 1, anxiety, and ptsd. I stopped taking my meds years ago, and it's really catching up to me.. My low swings are getting really bad and I legitimately feel scared of myself,...

Last reply
  • Please help me I think I might be bipolar!

A little bit about me. I've been suffering from depression my entire life. I am a 22 year old woman. I have tried dozens of anti depressions and none of them ever did anything for me. I have three different moods that I've noticed I go back and forth from. From normal everyday depression. Something...

Last reply
  • I'm back again!!!

Hi as anyone who follows the chats on here will recognise I ask for help/advise when my partner is having an episode!! What I want to know is when I can see his behaviour changing & leading up to an episode what can I do if anything to prevent it happening  Also this happens every 3/4 months...

Posted
  • Advice needed before psychologist appointment

Hi, I want to bring up a few things at the appointment which have concerned me for a while now, but do not want to make a complete moron of myself! Basically, I've wondered for a while now about whether I might be somewhere on the bipolar 'spectrum', rather than simply unipolar depressed....

Last reply
  • Weed and Abilify for Bipolar

I have bipolar which was in remission for almost a year, up until possibly a few weeks ago when my best friend died. I have been smoking weed for a few months now, pretty much daily - if I'm not in work, I'm high. I know, it's bad. The dr thinks I'm rapid cycling now with hypomania...

Last reply
  • Temazepam (Restoril) For Bipolar, episodes of Subsychotic Rage

Hi everyone, I am newly diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder, and also have generalized anxiety disorder and ADHD. After my bipolar diagnosis, I immediately stopped my daily routine of smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol at night. I also stopped taking my adderall prescription, because it was making...

Last reply
  • Depakote and maybe a wrong diagnoses

So, i recently went to see a doctor about getting a diagnoses for my attention issues. I have hyperfocus, forgetfulness, racing thoughts, distracted easily, a bit of a short fuse. So, basically going in to the appointment i assumed adhd as i was diagnosed early in childhood. After about 2 hours of talking...

Last reply
  • I am scared of BP

Hello ! I am here for some anserws Last year, an anxiety depression began with panic attacks on the stress fund and the wedding that was about to come. I started a treatment with Cipralex and Bormazepam in June to be fit for the wedding ... after 2 months I was Normal and everything seemed to be the...

Posted
  • there is a common thread here

I am a 47 year old and have had bi polar with me for the last 30 years. I was told at 20 I had depression when i tried to tell the doctor that my depressive days were not a problem but my highs were, and he told me to be thankful!! I see messages on here and it breaks my heart that mental illness is...

Last reply
  • Bipolar type 2 and venlafaxine

Hi I have suffered from depression since I was 12 im now 32 had numerous antidepressants over the years which have worked to a certain extent or not worked at all I recently was told by the gp he suspects bipolar type 2 and thats why my symptoms have been getting worse he has reffered me for further...

Last reply
  • Bipolar II

is it true that treatment resistant depression and anxiety could be bipolar 2? if there is no mania just bad depression could this be the case?  What symptoms should be looked out for?

Last reply
  • Advice For A New Bipolar Relationship?

Hi all I have just joined this site as I'm in a new relationship with someone with a diagnosed cyclothymic bipolar guy who is medicated with lithium. I'm sorry if this is too long but this is all very bizarre to me! We have been dating for over two months now, he has been sweet, attentive,...

Last reply
  • bipolar 1 depression and prozac

I was diagnosed BP1 30 years ago. I haven't had a manic episode (full on psychotic breaks- total breaks with reality) in 28 years. The manic episodes were so devastating, so destructive that I still suffer from PTSD because of them. They happened because when I was first diagnosed I refused to take...

Last reply
  • Should I start smoking weed again n is it safe

It's been a good couple of months since I was diagnosed with bipolar. The meds that I take are Aripiprazole 10mg tab. And Divalproex sod ec 250mg tab. Ever since I was diagnosed with bipolar I stopped smoking weed. I recently been interested in starting again as ive found a friend from a dispensary...

Last reply
  • Possible bipolar please help

I think I may have bipolar but I'm not 100% sure. Years ago I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. But I rarely have issues talking to anyone anymore, it's got a lot better. I'm severely depressed but other times out of no where I'll have bursts of energy and I have to wind someone...

Last reply
  • anybody taking risperidone?

I have been taking it for 7 days....getting some side effects and not feeling any better. I feel a bit strange actually! Not with it! Is there anybody that can reassure me that this is all normal and it takes a while to feel better?

Last reply
  • Bipolar and Panic Disorder

Is there anyone here that are battling both bipolar and panic disorder as separate conditions? I'm on off label meds as a mood stabilizer - lamotrigine and gabapentin. I'm also taking buspirone for anxiety/panic disorder but I don't feel like it's doing all that wonderfully. My psych...

Last reply
  • Do I have bipolar?

Hi guys, I'll make this short and sweet. It has gotten that bad that my family want me to seek help as they suspect I may have bipolar. I'm a 20 year old female, this has been happening since I was around 15/16. I would go through phases that last weeks of feeling so low and then to the...

Last reply
  • Girlfriend with bipolar disorder, don't know what to do ...

Hello, I do not know where to begin, i guess i will start with saying who i am. I am Daan, 23 years old, My girlfriend and i are together for 1 year and a half give or take. The Situation: Both are fathers died, mine when i was 3 years old hers only 5 years ago. I am looking for work, with temporary...

Last reply
  • Mother has bipolar, how can I help her cope with it?

Hi, im a 16 year old A-Level student living in London and my mother's been diagnosed with Bipolar for the past 24 years. As a child I don't remember this effecting her much except in extreme times e.g when my parents broke up/after the death of her mother/the death of my dad (her ex-partner)....

Last reply
  • ultradian bi polar

My husband has ultradian bi polar it has just had this new name give by usa and uk nhs it means that he has the normal waves of up and down BUT in any24hr period rapid changes as well they peak up or down according to main wave pattern so very hard to live with as even with meds to do not know what...

Last reply
  • Confused

Can anyone explain !!!! I've known my partner for 2 1/2 yrs , he's was diagnosed with bipolar as a teenager & he's now 49 yrs he takes his medication regularly & has check ups twice a year with his dr !!!! 50% of our relationship is great !! But 50% is very hard work!!!! He falls...

Last reply
  • Stress relief

Any ideas , suggestions or tips would be gratefully recieved? My partner has bipolar & is easily stressed I find he's more distracted recently and i want to find ways to make him learn to relax , find ways to stop his mind constantly racing with thoughts & generally behave more calm !!!...

Last reply
  • GAD or Cyclothymia?Please help!

Hello to everyone! I got my first panic attack before 8-9 years.i am a proffesional singer.I didnt have any problems with family or money or something else , just one day i make a panic attack and i didnt know what is this.I went to doctor and he puts me on seroxat(paxil).i was at 20mg paxil almost 4...

Posted
  • Cocktail of pills, Used to be alchol dependent, but been dry

Hi, I have always been on alot of meds but lately, People are comenting on the way I carry on, a bit away with the faries. Meds are Bisoprol, Ramipril, Eplerone, Venafaxin,Mirtazipine,Quetiapine and injectables for Diabetes. No I feel the best I have in ages. It`s just the distrust that I am not taking...

Last reply
  • recently diagnosed bipolar ii

I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar 2. I also have major depression and severe panic and anxiety disorder. The have me on lamotrigine,buspar,ativan,and recently added lithium, but I am not sure lithium is for me

Last reply
  • My bipolar ex-husband is coming out of jail

My ex-husband has been in and out of jail since he was 16, I didn't know this before I married him, he told me he got "in trouble" when he was younger, I figured it was something minor or a DUI. I found him doing Ketamine one day, and he told me the truth about all the deep issues he has,...

Last reply
  • Lithium

I'm still working on finding the right cocktail. Seriously considering lithium. Did this medication work for you?

Last reply
  • Coming off meds

Hi all, my husband had his first manic episode last year, he is in his late 40's and we have been told it's rare but not impossible to get bipolar at this late age.   Anyway, he started off on Olanzapine, this made him really sluggish and like an old man, sleeping for around 14 hours and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.