Skip to content

Bipolar Affective Disorder

All discussions in this group

Next
  • BraunWynn 2

Tapering off all my meds. Still intensely depressed.

Previously I have posted, about my intense guilt, sorrow and mourning that my Bipolar directly caused. Thank you for your responses and kind words. I attend all my appoinments, been med compliant. Still in excruciating depression, everyday. I can't wait to go to bed so the sadness can be lifted

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • deb44437 4
  • sadhna15793 2

Confused

Can anyone explain !!!! I've known my partner for 2 1/2 yrs , he's was diagnosed with bipolar as a teenager & he's now 49 yrs he takes his medication regularly & has check ups twice a year with his dr !!!! 50% of our relationship is great !! But 50% is very hard work!!!! He falls out with me

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ljm2589 1

I think i am bipolar.. what now?

Hi all. I am new here and in need of some i have thought for many years now that i have some form of bipolar disorder but have never had the courage to go to the doctors about it.. If i make an appointment, what can i expect to happen next? I know its not an easy diagnosis to make.. I

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • BraunWynn 2
  • Sarakeats 2
  • pistal666 4

Cocktail of pills, Used to be alchol dependent, but been dry

Hi, I have always been on alot of meds but lately, People are comenting on the way I carry on, a bit away with the faries. Meds are Bisoprol, Ramipril, Eplerone, Venafaxin,Mirtazipine,Quetiapine and injectables for Diabetes. No I feel the best I have in ages. It`s just the distrust that I am not

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • BraunWynn 2
  • sue31490 2

Coming off meds

Hi all, my husband had his first manic episode last year, he is in his late 40's and we have been told it's rare but not impossible to get bipolar at this late age.   Anyway, he started off on Olanzapine, this made him really sluggish and like an old man, sleeping for around 14 hours and also his

1 reply 2 votes Last reply
  • JasonSmith 1

Urinary problems on and now off of Lithium

I am a 26 year old male.  As my doctor realized that I don't have bipolar, I was taken off of lithium rather suddenly.  I had been on it for four years and it was making me pee like crazy.  At one point I went to the doctor almost sure I had a kidney infection.  Nothing showed up, and the doctor

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Pooh bear 2

Long term side effects of lithium carbonate

I have been taking lithium carbonate for nearly eight years. I have recently had my meds upped to 1000mg at night. I am not bi-polar but suffer from severe recurrent depression. I would like to know the effects both reversal and irreversible of long term lithium use? I have regular blood tests

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karen23357 1

who else is feeling like they do not belong?

I am a woman, 47 years old was told that I had bi polar 10 years ago, I am on lots of medication but i still feel that i do not belong as I do not act the same as everyone else. if I am down I cut myself, i have never said that before to anyone, but i do, and I am deeply ashamed. Some mornings I

• karen06071 2

Bipolar episodes rarely stop

Hi, I was diagnosed with bipolar January 2014. Prior to this manic episode I had depressive episodes only. Or to say I was depressed for around 6 years straight wouldn't be an understatement, some days were better than others. Since experiencing mania I'll admit, I do have a habit of chasing the 'high'...

• tmichelle2 1

Is it just depression? Or something more

I've been on antidepressants for about three years. Zoloft specifically. My psychiatrist is dry. He doesn't pry much, ask the run of the mill questions during my appointments, writes my prescription and sends me on my way. About a month ago I said screw it and stopped taking my Zoloft (100 mg/day)

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • nita63869 1

Meds

Hi, I am new to message boards, but I don't know where else to go other than to people who are going through the same thing, hopefully. In September 2016 I was in a really bad place, suicidle and miserable. My GP put me on a new anti-depressant, 40mg Viibryd. It was enough for a while but then I

• carlton80231 1

Should I start smoking weed again n is it safe

It's been a good couple of months since I was diagnosed with bipolar. The meds that I take are Aripiprazole 10mg tab. And Divalproex sod ec 250mg tab. Ever since I was diagnosed with bipolar I stopped smoking weed. I recently been interested in starting again as ive found a friend from a dispensary

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Rabbit9669 1
  • tr dac 1

Bipolar in children and adolescent

Does any one know any children or adolescent have depression and hypomanic but with very short period (in several days) of psychotic. What is major and most common signs and symptoms of the bp in children and adolescent. 

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Jimmylaws82 2

Bipolar and current relationship

I've just been diagnosed with bipolar disorder as my misis moved was so mad and couldnt undwerstand but have now had the apifany that I was a nightmere to live with and hate it. Ive had my issues but thought I was just a little sad and greaving from a marrage break up. I've lied about my

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • george 56036 2

My Bipolar Disorder Appears to have Left

I have not had an episode of Bipikar Disorder in over 20 years. Prior to that I used to cut myself and have my stomach regularly pumped from suicide attempts. Ive spent years in counseling, taking my meds and group therapy. But I was always told that it was always there and could come back at any

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • alison81137 4

anybody taking risperidone?

I have been taking it for 7 some side effects and not feeling any better. I feel a bit strange actually! Not with it! Is there anybody that can reassure me that this is all normal and it takes a while to feel better?

15 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • michael16910 1

When lithium stops being enough.

Hi everyone I'm very much hoping that someone out there might be able to offer me some advice and information regarding lithium and extended stress. I was diagnosed 8 months ago with stage 4 inoperable lung cancer and more recently with secondary brain tumours. Initially I found myself to be

• lorena53278 2

Is it safe to stop taking Lithium?

My ex or current BF( we are not back officially yet) is bipolar, and has been quite an adventure to know someone with this condition. Last night we were talking about his issues and mentioned to me that he stopped taking Lithium, he still takes Seroquel. So now I'm worry that something bad is going

• sian56991 1

Bipolar disorder and anorexia

I'm in the process of being diagnosed bipolar and I think I may be suffering from anorexia. I'm a single mother of 2 beautiful children please don't think I'm a bad person

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Bipolarsufferer 2

Bipolar

Im a bipolar suffer who has been telling gp for thirty years now thet theres nothing wrong with me now i know i was right all along because tje goverment has said so dy stopping pip for these illnesses so every time i was sectioned for telling doctors i was not ill i was right all a long so can i

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Bipolarsufferer 2

Bipolar

Im a bipolar suffer who has been telling gps for thirty years now thet theres nothing wrong with me now i know i was right all along because tje goverment has said so dy stopping pip for these illnesses so every time i was sectioned for telling doctors i was not ill i was right all a long so can i

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jessica93013 4

Suicidal thoughts help!

I've been with my husband for 16 years.. since I was 17 I'm not 33.. we've never been 100% happy. Life happened got pregnant young had another baby at 21 just fell into a routine and we've been together ever since.. I suffer from bipolar and severe depression and I am medicated thru my dr.. he

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • hindibrahim 1

Problem with diagnosing what I suffer from

First I would like to express my pleasure in joining this group. I have been experiencing periods of depression, anger and mood swings my whole life. I never understood what is wrong with me and the symptoms have made my life intolerably difficult. I have always felt that being dead is the best

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Mary Charice 2
  • Joey812 1

Looking for advice.

Okay, so I'm recently out of a great relationship. We were together about 2 and a half years, and I was so happy that I was still finding new reasons to love her every day. The one thing I struggled to understand was her mood phases, but even though I didn't completely understand, I did my best to

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • callianne 65675 4

Bipolar and Ignorance

I have felt for some time that there is so much ignorance surrounding bipolar and certainly other mental illnesses. The media does a very good job of making bipolar (often of the female gender) women look like nut jobs that are to be avoided. In these forums, I have also seen people remark about

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • ann72189 1

recently diagnosed bipolar ii

I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar 2. I also have major depression and severe panic and anxiety disorder. The have me on lamotrigine,buspar,ativan,and recently added lithium, but I am not sure lithium is for me

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • liz05654 3

Anger issues

hi, i was on anti depressants for 7 years and then diagnosed with bipolar 11 so the meds were changed to venlafaxine and quetiapine. I started to feel better so came off them 8 months ago, against all advice and I went cold turkey. once the side effects had passed I felt ok for a while but lately I'

• asiamies 2

Very weird event

Hey, A very weird event happened in my relationship 2 days ago. My girlfriend was angry towards me for weeks, getting angry of the littlest things and whatever I wished for was somehow that I was controlling or abusive towards her. She kept telling me that she wants a break from the love, one

• Bingler 1

Depressed but not sad - Seroquel

Hi, I'm currently on 10mg Celexa, 200mg Lamictal, and 400mg Seroquel XR once, and have been on this combination for about 2 and a half years now. The Seroquel is the newest medication in my regimen, and at first it seemed like a miracle drug. I no longer felt depressed (at least the sad part) and

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions