Skip to content
Ad

Bipolar Affective Disorder

Also known as Hypomania, Mania

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • just started topomax

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about side effect good or bad about this med I'm taking it for mental health and pain..

Posted
  • How can I help him?

My boyfriend is bipolar. We have been together almost 2 years now and I seeing him going to ups and downs. Sometimes he is extremely happy and then extremely sad. This week is the worst. He can't snap out of it. He hasn't eating since Sunday when I was there. Can't focus on anything. He just...

Last reply
  • bipolar girlfriend possibly cheating. i am broken

Hello, The situation : we just moved in together ever since she claims to have lost affection ( like she says it , i love you , i am just not in love anymore) she barely lets me touch her , last time we had intimate contact was sathurday , and it was 4 at night , meaning she was half sleeping...

Last reply
  • Mood stabilizer stopped working?

My doctor prescribed me an antipsychotic to help control a nasty mixed episode. It worked pretty well for about a week, but now I've noticed that it doesn't seem to be working nearly as well. Has this happened to anyone else?? Do I need a higher dose or just a completely different med?

Posted
  • Mania with only mind paranoia?

After experiencing a antidepressant-induced mixed episode, I began to be paranoid that the police were after me all the time; I would be scared by passing lights and my own brake lights, and think that whenever someone looked at me it was because there was something wrong with my car. At first I thought...

Posted
  • BIRTH CONTROL and ManiA???? Please somebody answer!

So back in January I woke up in the middle of the night in a full panic attack. It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced in my life. I was not working at the time and spent the next 2 weeks trying to figure out what was wrong with me. It was taking 3 weeks to get into my GP....she was on vacation........

Posted
  • Bipolar 2, anxiety, mixed episode

Darkness surround me and I am alone. My story to long......my sadness to great. Life is hard and living for the brave....Feel like giving up but my one year old needs me. 42 and feel like a failure...where has life passed me by, when did I give up and why...

Last reply
  • I'm back again!!!

Hi as anyone who follows the chats on here will recognise I ask for help/advise when my partner is having an episode!! What I want to know is when I can see his behaviour changing & leading up to an episode what can I do if anything to prevent it happening  Also this happens every 3/4 months...

Last reply
  • Advice For A New Bipolar Relationship?

Hi all I have just joined this site as I'm in a new relationship with someone with a diagnosed cyclothymic bipolar guy who is medicated with lithium. I'm sorry if this is too long but this is all very bizarre to me! We have been dating for over two months now, he has been sweet, attentive,...

Last reply
  • do i really have bi-polar?

I was told by my dr that I was bi -polar. yet I don't feel I have the symptoms. I have major anxiety. can someone tell me what bi-bolar symptoms are? I'm confused. thank you

Last reply
  • Mood swings are giving me whiplash

So first of all, I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet (I have a psychiatrist appointment in November, but my psychologist and pcp don't feel comfortable with diagnosing me at this point). I've been suffering from major depression since I was 12, a little under a year after going through...

Posted
  • Possible bipolar please help

I think I may have bipolar but I'm not 100% sure. Years ago I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. But I rarely have issues talking to anyone anymore, it's got a lot better. I'm severely depressed but other times out of no where I'll have bursts of energy and I have to wind someone...

Last reply
  • Seroquel and frequent urination

Hi all Has anyone on seoquel/ quetiapine suffered from frequent urination. I have overactive bladder syndrome as well and even had a operation for it. I use to go every half a hour. It is better now and my days are better than nights. One of the meds I am taking for Bipolar is seroquel at night....

Last reply
  • bipolars are sane, the world is crazy

i am 37, gay, kind, considerate, loving, sympathetic, intelligent, egoless etc. i suffer social anxiety, severe depression, misophonia, high blood pressure etc In my case I know what causes my bipolar, the mad world wont help and is making me more insane day by day, hour by hour, im hanging on by a thread....

Last reply
  • I want out

Don't get me wrong I'm proud of everything I've that done, but it doesn't feel enough.. I hate my bipolar.. I want to get rid of it

Last reply
  • Explosive anger episode after Seroquel dose deecreased

My Seroquel dose was decreased from 500mg to 200mg a few weeks ago due to side effects. I had an argument with my 26 year old daughter. I exploded in a horrible rage and threw a shoe at her, then she beat me up. She told me to kill myself, and I took out A knife and threatened to do it. I put it...

Last reply
  • Chester Bennington and Robin Williams

Today I am P****d!! I haven't slept for a few days so l am a little off my rocker. My thoughts will ramble all over the place as I am manic but depressed at the same time. Anyone else go through this crap?? I have been in the Batcave for a few days now with my thoughts and it just struck me... I...

Posted
  • Bipolar vs borderline?

I was diagnosed with bipolar about 2 years ago. However, I recently heard of a condition called BPD / borderline personality disorder. I noticed that a lot of the symptoms were the same. I took a test, that I'll link below, and it seems like it could easily be misdiagnosed? Has anyone heard or BPD...

Posted
  • Bipolar is ruining my life

I've been dealing with bipolar for six years now. And it's hard. Every week I break down. But I've started to become more hopefully with the right meds and therapy. I've also tried to change my perspective. I want to to see the good in 'bipolar'. I read some really good quotes...

Last reply
  • Tired but not tired

Can't sleep. I feel tired but not tired. Maybe it's psychological since I know I should be sleeping right now. Mind is racing.... nothing new for me. Feel depressed right now too. I don't even know. Just blah. 

Last reply
  • Does my girlfriend have bipolar or some mood disorder?

Sorry this is so long, I’m sorry, I would really appreciate any reply. I’ve fallen in love with a fantastic girl with one major problem, her mood. Her mood swings severely. When she is tired, stressed, pms-ing or feeling down, she can be so hurtful in what she says. She can get so upset over what I...

Last reply
  • Antidepressants make me hyper, could it be bipolar???

About a month ago my pcp put me on sertraline for depression; three weeks later I told him that it made me feel irritable and almost caffeinated, so he gave me lexapro instead and said it wouldn't do that. I've only been on lexapro for about a week but so far it's made the physical hyperness...

Posted
  • online tests

I know they are not a substitute for a real diagnosis (so don't shout at me, I'm not an idiot) but they all keep giving me the same answers...bipolar bipolar bipolar.  I just did one for cyclothymia and that was positive but it also said my answers indicate a possible bipolar disorder as...

Last reply
  • NEEDING ANSWERS NOW.....PLEASE HELP

So just some background. Back on January 3, after a stressful time, losing a very stressful job, but made lots of money......I woke up in the middle of the night having a panick attack out of nowhere.....My first ever. On top of the stress that had been going on my menstrual cycle was way off, I was...

Posted
  • high to low

Hi, not diagnosed but have had previous 'episodes'. Have been weaning of cymbalta, now off it completely (and not on anything else). Have been low and had 's' thoughts (not saying it as will have to wait for moderation!) for a long time. Anti-depressants not helped me in the 3 years...

Last reply
  • Who is currently suffering side effects of Lamotrigine/Lamictal

I am not epileptic but was diagnosed a year ago as suffering Bipolar II disorder. I started on 50mg - 25 x morning and night at August last year. It helped stabilise down from hypomanic but by Christmas I was had descended to very low mood, lethargy, and not caring about myself, others or everyday...

Last reply
  • HELP!!!!

Back in January I had my first "REAL" panic attack that left me wondering and searching for answers, "self diagnosing," googling, worrying about what happened or when/ if it was going to happen again. 3 weeks later I finally went to my doctor who prescribed me Lexapro and klonopin....

Last reply
  • Isolated

Has anyone felt extremely isolated? Its been six years since my breakdown and I've been on meds. I also binge eat when I'm bored. I used to be so happy and confident at it seems as though a part of me has died. I have about 3 friends but not thick friendships. I feel so hurt and alone at times....

Last reply
  • I need help when in manic mode....

Any tips that will help me come out of one of my manic episodes? I can identify when I'm starting to spiral and most of the time I can pull myself out of it. But sometimes it gets away from me so fast that I struggle to remain sane and logical. My poor husband will get worried about me and if he...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.