Skip to content

Bipolar Affective Disorder

Also known as Hypomania, Mania

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Seroquel Withdrawl

Hello, I am a 31yr old male 6'2 180lbs. I have been on seroquel for 5 months only 2.7mg I take a 25mg tab and cut it into quarters from there I crush the quarters into powder then divide the powder in half and the a little bit off that half. I am weaning down to around 1.5mg and expirencing …

Last reply
  • ebselen-selenium analogue for bipolar

interesting how they were going to make a selenium mineral medicine for bipolar. its called ebselen. i now take selenium and it has helped stabilise my mood. my gluten intolerance has gone and ive read it clears heavy metals and improves detoxification. 

Posted
  • Asylum

We are working on the most hard cases. Extremely expensive.

Last reply
  • Have I got Bipolar ?

I have had depression and anxiety for 10years now. I have beeb on medication for them for 6 years and have started CBT this year for the first time. This has been happening a lot over the years but only really noticed it this year.  Ill start about this year. Christmas time, was fine. …

Last reply
  • i think i've got bipolar disorder

I'm a 20 year old male and I already have a diagnosis of psychosis anyway I think I've got bipolar because I go for a period ranging from a few days to a couple of months where I'm really low I can't be bothered with life and I feel suicidal other times again ranging from a few days …

Last reply
  • No chance at meds

Hi im a new member from a kinda remote city in Africa seeking advice on this. I just discovered that after taking multiple tests from different sites on the internet, i may have Mild to severe BP disorder. Problem is, where i live, there is no such thing. U are either considered Insane or Just …

Last reply
  • My girlfriend, My saviour, My life - Our Bipolar.

I don’t know wether anyone could help me understand and stop the sleepless nights and emotions running high but here it goes.... I have been with my Girlfriend for a year now and everything has been amazing, she has two kids of which we all get on very well. I adore them like my own and they adore …

Posted
  • What's wrong with me - bipolar or something else?

Hi everyone,  I want to share my story with you. And I would really appreciate your comments, tips or guidance. I moved to Germany together with my husband 4,5 years ago. 4 years ago we had our little miracle come into this world, our daughter. It was the best thing that had ever …

Last reply
  • Long term side effects of lithium carbonate

I have been taking lithium carbonate for nearly eight years. I have recently had my meds upped to 1000mg at night. I am not bi-polar but suffer from severe recurrent depression. I would like to know the effects both reversal and irreversible of long term lithium use? I have regular blood tests …

Last reply
  • Newly Diagnosed, Now What?

My psychiatrist and I have determined that I may have Bipolar II, but we need more time to really confirm it. I've been put on Latuda and I seem to be doing okay despite bizarre episodes with my blood sugar. I have PCOS and a fatty liver, so I'm very worried about the blood sugar warning. …

Posted
  • Suicide

I have had a very bad year and so many things have gone wrong for me. I have tried to commit suicide twice in the last 3 weeks. Anybody have any advice. How do I stop myself from doing it again. Diagnosed bipolar in 2007

Last reply
  • Can you manage bipolar without mood stabiliser??

Hi, I am currently stable.  I’m on 150mg lamotragine p/day 50mg risperidone p/2 weeks injection Due to side effects of lamotragine I’m thinking of asking my nurse if I can come off it. I’ve been on it for around 4 years on diff doses.  I know I could switch mood stabilisers but I keep …

Last reply
  • Heartbroken

Loving someone with bipolar depression is a terrible burden. I wish I never met him. The cheating part is the worst. What to do?

Last reply
  • I think my boyfriend has bipolar

I’ve been together with my boyfriend for about 10 months. Most of the time we have been together, it has been amazing - we are happy, and in love, and inseparable. But there are times where this happy, bubbly person disappears, and is replaced with the shell of a person, who can barely get out of …

Last reply
  • Boyfriend has bipolar disorder and left me randomly?

So I have, well had a boyfriend who suffers from bipolar disorder (unmedicated), We talked on and off for 4 years because he would always randomly leave but then come back. Then we finally started dating and we dated for over a year, we always had some problems because of his mental health but …

Last reply
  • Is there any way to get rid of seroquel side effects?

I take seroquel as part of my drug combo.(abput 5 years) I suffer from terrible night sweats. I know they are a side effect of the seroquel, is there anyway to get rod of them? I really like my drug combo, it is working great right now so I would prefer not changing them. Thank you.

Last reply
  • Need advice

I have been struggling for over 10 years with severe depression but recently noticed that my actions aren't coming across normal and I am starting to scare myself. I have major highs and have break downs and I start thinking of ways to take my life and then massive cry and then the next day I …

Last reply
  • Wrong diagnosis?

Last year I had what the mental health team called an acute stress reaction, I was already being medicated for depression. I’ve had several bouts of depression throughout my life, i also experience episodes where I’m trying to do 12 things at once feel like I could take over the world, what’s …

Posted
  • Coming venaflaxine - what should I expect??? Need help!!

Hi, I’m a 21 year old femake who is on 200mg of lamotrogine and 75mg of venaflaxine. I’m on the lamotrogine to stabilise my moods but 10 months ago I became really depressed again so they put me on a low dose of venaflaxine. I’ve decided that I want to come off the antidepressant because im scared …

Posted
  • How High Have you Been?

Have you ever been so high on life that you’ve thought you could take on the world? Have you ever had so much energy, that you’ve stayed awake for a week? If yes, then you have probably expericenced a manic episode, or you’ve been on drugs. I’m going to write a little bit about my experiences of …

Posted
  • The Day I Flew Into The Cuckoo's Nest

When I was 22 I was diagnosed with bi polar following a long period of mania that resulted in me being sectioned in the local mental hospital. It was early 2009 and although bi polar was recognised I found that there wasn’t a lot of useful information around to help me. I’ve wanted to blog since, …

Posted
  • Just diagnosed advice needed

Hi im 26 and after years of chaos and doctors not knowing what to do with me I have finally been diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder. I knew it was this,I thought I'd feel better to finally have a diagnosis..I actually feel worse😐 I was on antidepressants for 7 years but the last year I …

Last reply
  • Maybe, Maybe Not, no, yes ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Let me just start out saying that I know that I have anxiety and OCD and sometimes I have panic attacks. I started having anxiety after me and my ex husband split because I walked in on him in the bed with another woman. A few of my friends that smokes weed convinced me one day to try it. They said …

Last reply
  • Am i delusional?

How do i explain ? I am an extremely introverted and philosophical guy..so i tend to live more in the world of ideas.what i mean to say is that a common average person wont think about all this science stuff about psychology to change ..he will be concerned about the practical matters..like …

Last reply
  • Very long post. Plz read. Bipolar 2. Recovered & have questions.

This will be a very long post but I hope you read it and help me. My life greatly depends on this. I’m a 25 year old female and I strongly believe that there’s hope for me and that I can live a healthy, normal and functional life. I think I’ve had low grade depression since I was in middle school. …

Posted
  • Aggravated

I have felt aggravated for a few weeks, no particular reason. Can't sit for even a minute. My husband has been ill and still is, I have been looking after him, not that I grudge him that. Back and forth to hospital where doctors don't listen I suppose this isnt helping me xxx

Posted
  • bi polar

hi ive been with my boyfriend a year and a half and i strongly suspect he has bi polar he is showing ALL the signs... evefything.. endless sleeping (hes only 26) funny eating patterns... outbursts of mania and excitement.. then long peripds of wanting to be by himself locking himself away not …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.