So I have been diagnosed with a lot of things mostly just the simply everyday things

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey guys in new here, so i'm 18 and have been diagnosed with a handful of things such as bipolar, ADHD, PTSD, depression and a couple of other things

but this very weird experience has been happening since i can ever remember it only happens every now and then and its mostly ag night, so some nights before i go to bed i start to head all these voices, at first it sounds like a couple people then turns into a fair few people it starts off them talking to me but i cant understand what they're saying then it gradually turns into what seems like yelling but very calmly if that makes any of sense sometimes it gets really bad and then when i go to sleep that night i have very strange dreams such as i am in a all white or black room in a corner and though out the dream all the walls get bigger then i cant see but i can hear people what seems like yelling at me but its very soft and dull i know its very strange and i am just wondering if anyone can shed some light on it for me

Thank you... Trae

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I often hear what I would describe as different voices mumbling, I can never clarify any words just mumbling away, I don't know if other bipolar sufferers have the same. I have gotten used to it now. I also see shadows / people / things out of the corner of my eyes, it isn't constant but if I am honest it freaks me out and probably always will, most nights I dream I am in a box that changes in size constantly and I can never escape from this box, I haven't really answered your question but just know that you are not alone.

• Posted

Hi Trae . . . welcome to the forum. It sounds to me like either medication side effects or mild schizophrenia. I heard those very same voices and had the very same experience as yourself when I was given too much Benedryl in the hospital so I know exactly what it sounds like and it is several voices and inability to make out exactly what they're saying.

Please be sure to tell your doctor about this symptom as it is very important for your treatment plan.

To me, it seems like our mental illness is really a cluster of diagnoses and symptoms. I just tell myself I have a 'mental illness' even though I was specifically diagnosed with bipolar disease, depression and anxiety. It's all one thing for me.

• Posted

Time for meds.

I heard voices the same way. Mostly indistinct but sometimes very clear, and frequently cafeteria sounds.

I also saw things out of the corner of my eyes the same way Deborah described.

At the time this was going on, my diagnosis was bouncing between bipolar-2 or schizo-affective disorder.

Either way the treatment was the same, which is antipsychotics.

What worked for me, is Risperdal.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.