My bipolar boyfriend just dumped me literally!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I met this man when I was just 16 years old, and we fell hopelessly in love. Unfortunately our lives were in different countries and we both moved on and got married to other people. After 30 years, he found me on facebook...back in 2016. We have both divorced. Our love was undying....everything we felt when we were young...we felt it as adults. It seemed we were invincible!!! I lived with him for almost 6 months and although I knew he suffered from anxiety disorders, I just never knew how serious this was. One day he left for work and messaged me to tell me he couldnt do it anymore...and wanted me out of his apartment. I was devastated, confused and totally out of myself. I left and two days later he was professing his undying and profound love for me. But at the time I told him I was leaving the country and had already made my plans. We continued our long distance relationship during the years - sharing hundreds and hundreds of messages daily. We knew everything the other was doing. During this time, I knew he often went into bouts of very heavy depression and isolated himself from me. I returned to the country in January and our relationship was flourishing! He wasnt as anxious when he was around me, we made plans, we spoke till all hours of the morning...we did fantastic things together. We were so happy and so in love. About three weeks, he started showing signs of anxiety...stalking me on whatspp, checking up on me, telling me really horrible things. One of the last times I saw him, he spoke a lot...really a lot..and was changing subjects very quickly and ...well, he seemed really happy! On saturday he told me he was really becoming depressed and he was sorry but he was going to speak less. I understood, as I always have...but something horrible was needling me, and I asked him yesterday if he still loved me. He told me he would come and see me today and speak to me. Lo and behold he arrives and tells me he is really depressed but he has met someone. He also told me that if he answers the question...does he still love me....i would tell him he was lying when he gave me the answer. I dont know what to make of this, I have tried a coupled of times to reach out to him today, after he left...but he seems calm and adamant that this is what he wants. Is this a decision he has made just because he is in depression, or could this be a real thing??? Our history is just one that does not enable me to process this...help me please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I don't know what to say but sort of know how you feel. I was dating someone bipolar. Hot and cold all the time, flirted with others in front of me but became very anxious if I tried to pull away and what's app stalking has always been a thing he's done. Last year my brother died and on the day he did I got called a weirdo and blocked by him. We work together. I vowed never to speak to him again. I blocked him back and decided to leave it like that. I returned from bereavement to find he got back with his ex. They have a kid together and have split twice in the past with her leaving him. I didn't speak to him at work though he tried. One day my whats app stopped working. I uninstalled and installed again and I didn't realise it unblocks people if you did that. Less than a day after the accidental unblocking he messaged to ask if the hate was subsiding yet... I said I didn't hate him, he was nothing to me and explained it was accidental. He messaged to say how sorry he was, how he missed talking and handled everything badly. I stupidly said I would try to be friends with him for the sake of work. He started messaging daily, emailing as well and even tried to come to my house. He was still with the ex take note..... I don't know where she was while he was either messaging or online stalking me constantly and yes online stalking began again. I blocked him for good but still in the same team at work. He still emails......point is I don't think bipolar people know how to love themselves never mind anyone else. You can keep trying to save this on off sinking ship and make excuses forever and have your heart broken time and time again, or you can work on you and find someone who deserves you, and who you deserve.

• Posted

I think you are so right. I guess my thing is that because we have such a history together...I really didnt think he would actually do this. I dont know if he has made a mistake, I dont know how he will feel in a few days, weeks or months...I really dont know. But even though there is a whole of feeling here....I am glad this happened. For me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.