Am I a HSV carrier??

Posted , 1 user is following.

On June 20,18 I made the mistake of cheating on my wonderful bf of 2 years. Not even a week after my infidelity my bf began noticing serious concern with his penis. Didnt think much of it at first until blisters began showing & we went to get tested. His results came back positive for HSV2. But my results came negative, hence I had no physical symptoms.

We decided to stay together & work it out & continued having unprotected sex, oral.

He has had 3 OB's since then. Whereas I, only have experienced very mild side effects which include: a mild sore throat, & pulsing, tingly vagina which comes sometimes after sex with my bf. (Kinda like when a woman is horny & the clit is pulsing/twitching, if you know what I mean lol).. But the symptoms are very shor lasting, & go away same day.

Also in July, I accidentally shared a drink with my mom (Hence she has HSV1 idk since when but she rarely gets them, think last time I seen her with a cold sore was 10+ yrs ago). Idk if I somehow passed it to her or reactivated her sores? She had no idea what it was when I asked her, she said she developed tiny pimples but iced it down & it went away a week later. *Maybe I had nothing to do with it since she has the virus already* but just something I wanted to throw out there. I was freaked out by this incident because I live with my parents & have a younger sister who knows my HSV secret & was scared of getting it from me, my mom.

Should I get tested again?

Can carriers result with a negative until I get my first OB?

I dont get whats going on with my body & if there is a way to find out if am a carrier.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.