Skip to content
Ad

Herpes - Non Genital

Also known as Cold Sores, Ophthalmic Herpes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Is this herpes?

I recently caught my husband with a woman he had been cheating with for 3-4 months. She sent me a picture of the two of them to taunt me, but all I could see was what looked like a herpes virus cold sore. When asked, she said it is "beard burn from passionate kissing," again taunting me. ...

• 😞 helppp

Hi guys I'm new to this site and first time Iv actually spoke to someone about the whole truth. I found out today I have the virus, my immune system is seriously bad, I have a cold pretty much on a daily basis. I am on steroid sprays, and any tablets relating to colds hay fever etc to help because...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is this herpes?

I recently caught my husband with a woman he had been cheating with for 3-4 months. She sent me a picture of the two of them to taunt me, but all I could see was what looked like a herpes virus cold sore. When asked, she said it is "beard burn from passionate kissing," again taunting me. ...

Posted
  • 😞 helppp

Hi guys I'm new to this site and first time Iv actually spoke to someone about the whole truth. I found out today I have the virus, my immune system is seriously bad, I have a cold pretty much on a daily basis. I am on steroid sprays, and any tablets relating to colds hay fever etc to help because...

Posted
  • Can oral herpes be spread from sharing toothpaste?

Guys I'm a 21 yr old woman, virgin I haven't even kissed anyone. Almost a week ago I went to my brother's house to have a shower and I used his toothpaste to brush my teeth with my own toothbrush. He wasn't at the house at moment but the toothpaste was kinda wet so it meant like he had...

Last reply
  • My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place ev...

My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place every time. The first time I got it, it was the size of my hand, right down through my eye, and across my cheek. It was diagnosed as shingles. It appeared again,twelve months to the day. Again it was put down to shingles. On the third appearance,...

Last reply
  • Is this Herpes?

Hi everyone, I am getting extremely stressed out and worried because I am very scared I got Herpes.... I had sex about a month and a half ago and didn't have any weird symptoms at all. The last 2-3 days, however, I have been feeling very snottery and sick. I started feeling this painful redness...

Posted
  • diagnosed with hsv1, but don't know how I got it.

I was recently diagnosed with hsv1, by lapcorp. I am really worried because I have never had a sexual partner, but I have had unprotected sex once, but my results for hsv2 came back negative. How is this possible, could it be a false positive? Please help

Posted
  • HSV-1 infection

A couple of years ago, I contracted a HSV-1 infection in my eye. It cleared up with meds but I have a haze over my eye now. The doctor stated that it is caused by my body's auto immune system attacking the dead virus cells. Can anyone offer any advice on this or how I can remove this haze permanently?...

Posted
  • First time ever ive got a cold sore developing

Noticed this afternoon a small lump on the bottom of my lower lip, Oh know a cold sore? At the moent just a lump with some slight tingling, Never had tbnese ever in my life, where could i of got this and how to get ris as quick as possible pleases. Im 66

Last reply
  • Herpes or cankersore on guns?

I've had this canker sore looking thing on my inferior labial frenulum. I got this one other time but never looked into it. It's extreamly painfully to touch my chin or to open my mouth. 

Last reply
  • Lysine for Coldsores

I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but for around the last 3 years of my life, I had been getting coldsores monthly, sometimes twice a month. I've always had coldsores for as long as I can remember, but I was beginning to get them more and more often, and although it sounds dramatic,...

Last reply
  • Ocular herpes from spit in eye?

A little over 2 weeks ago, i was talking to my friend and as he was talking, a piece of spit flew out of his mouth and landed directly into my eye. I have been a little worried ever since, that i could have contracted herpes in my eye from the spit. I have been doing research online and it says its not...

Last reply
  • Can (Oral Herpes) transmit through pre-chewing

I understand that oral herpes transmits through saliva, but if i pre-chew my infant food for her will she also catch my infection? Im trying to convince my boyfriend its not a good idea to do that, but he insist nothing will happen..

Posted
  • Do I have oral herpes? (with pictures)

So about a little more than a week ago, I noticed the right side of my face, right around my jaw was really hurting and throbbing. I ended up going to the dentist who told me my gums looked swollen on that side of my mouth, and said it's just a gum infection and that a piece of food probably got...

Posted
  • Do I have oral herpes?

So about a little more than a week ago, I noticed the right side of my face, right around my jaw was really hurting and throbbing. I ended up going to the dentist who told me my gums looked swollen on that side of my mouth, and said it's just a gum infection and that a piece of food probably got...

Last reply
  • Not sure if this is herpes

Started out as really itchy. I itched the crap out of it. I went to the ob and she didn't see anything. She tested me for a yeast infection since I'm pregnant. Still waiting for results. I went home and hubby looked and said there was a popped blister. I took a pic and looked and saw what looked...

Last reply
  • Cold sore

I have had a cold sore since May, antibiotics and creams have not helped, I was even referred for suspected cancer as this will not heal! Cold sores are supposed to heal in about 10 days! I have never had a cold sore yet at 56 I have one, getting really frustrated /concerned as will not go away! ...

Last reply
  • vaginal sores...

my doctor said this is caused by friction. though im getting tested soon. but does it look like herpes or just friction or a allergic reaction? this is right next to the opening of my vagina. i have a biger sore on the left side sorry for the tampon string. but i need to know. when i put salt on it when...

Last reply
  • Chronic episodic skin rash, face burning+itch, no diagnosis

Hi All, Partner and I can't get any headway with diagnosis or treatment, now affecting her mental health. All thoughts welcome! Approx 4 years ago when she was in her previous relationship, girlfriend had what her doc initially thought was a shingles outbreak on her leg. After a while though they...

Last reply
  • Tongue herpes?

I recently had a blister on my vulva and was told by my GNO it could possibly be HPV. 5 mins later she tested me for a yeast infection which came out possitive and said it could possibly be the blister symptom. I took the yeast infection pill and the morning aftfer, the blister was gone as if nothing...

Last reply
  • Could this be oral herpes?

Hi everyone. I have never had a cold sore before, but about four or five days ago, I shared some drinks with somebody who (I believe) has oral herpes (I wasn't aware that it could be transmitted in this way at the time, but I've since read that it can be). She had no sores that were visible to...

Posted
  • Oral sex but have HSV-2 need help

I have had HSV-2 for 2 years including my fiancé.. and want me to give him oral sex, but yet he don't know the consequences of what will happen due to an outbreak on out mouth... ive convinced him that it's a bad idea. What should I do? What if I actually risk it and have oral sex with him?...

Posted
  • Oral Herpes and surely more??

Been reading these forums for peace of mind for a while now but thought it was time to cave to HA and burden you all with my problems. So my story goes.....October 2016 i was away on holiday and contracted Oral herpes i assume through sharing drinking glasses, i suffered with all the listed symptoms...

Posted
  • Is this herpes

Last week while showering I used my regular sponge and I scrubbed my anus, but scrubbed it pretty harder than usual. I am a gay male and I do engage in anal sex, but I always use condoms. The next day I had a really bad rash near the crack of my anus. It wasn't really itchy, just sore and irritated....

Posted
  • I keep getting tears in my vaginal area.. HELP!!!!

I was diagnosed with hepers simplex virus 1 but my outbreaks are on my opening of the vaginal area. My breakouts consist of alot of tears i talked to my obgyn and i asked her am i going to get these cuts every time i have sex because it seems i only get them when we have sex. The first time i waited...

Last reply
  • cold sore

is this cold sore? i have been having it for few month it doesnt heal by itself. the thing is i have not encounter any blister during the proceed only having cracks all over at this specific area in my mouth have tried zoral cream and it looks like its getting worst. please some one help?

Posted
  • Does this sound like herpes?

Would really appreciate some advice.. my "health anxiety" is going crazy at the moment. It is day 40 since possible exposure to HSV 1 (even though no visible sores on their mouth.) No sores as of yet. So far I've had the following symptoms (not sure if caused by anxiety or not): - Random...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.