Skip to content

Herpes - Non Genital

Also known as Cold Sores, Ophthalmic Herpes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Cold sore question

i have a coldsore and i know it will go after a week but if will i be ever able to kiss my partner  or perform oral after its gone ?...

Last reply
  • Lysine for Coldsores

I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but for around the last 3 years of my life, I had been getting coldsores monthly, sometimes twice a month. I've always had coldsores for as long as I can remember, but I was beginning to get them more and more often, and although it sounds dramatic,...

Last reply
  • I'm not sure ..

Hello guys, I noticed this (image below) :  I'm not so sure .. It doesn't look fluid filled, thought it has a black spot int it (hair maybe?)  Thanks for the answers!

Posted
  • Oral Herpes

I had a small ulcer in my lower lips. It was NOT bad. It used to come and go once in a year. The dentist for some reason decided to do biopsy on it. After biopsy, it never stopped. It has been two months now. I am taking acyclovir 800 mg * 5 times a day, but it also could not stop the out break. ...

Last reply
  • Is this a cold sore or just a pimple?

I’m 16 and a virgin. I have not sexually made contact with anyone. I felt this on my lip the other day and stupidly, assuming it was just a pimple, picked it. I, later, saw it in the mirror and began to worry due to its location. Is it a cold sore? It doesn’t throb or hurt constantly, but when I open...

Last reply
  • Cold Sore Anxiety/ Health Anxiety

Last Thursday I was in class and a girl who was sitting next to me had a big bleeding bump on her top lip. The whole class she kept putting her fingers in her mouth etc.  When I asked her about the bump she said she busted her lip but idk I have a hard time believing her. At some point she touched...

Posted
  • Can I have sex if I have hsv-1?

Hello. I used to get a cold sore every one or two months. Now I got it again after one year. I have the hsv-1 one and my partner is clean. I have a couple questions. 1. Can I get him hsv-1 if I kiss him? 2. What sexual activities are we allowed to do? I won't risk giving him a b*****b but can he...

Last reply
  • Is this oral herpes?

I've recently been exposed to someone with oral herpes but she had no breakouts, and i got a lump on my cheeks wondering if its just a really big pimple?

Last reply
  • Is this oral herpes? Or a cut lip?

I am really worried that I have contracted herpes, but I am not sure if I am overthinking or not. I have not experience any symptoms apart from a mark on my lip, it has not been painful but I have read on here that sometimes the first breakout can be trivial but in other places I have read the first...

Last reply
  • HSV 1 and 2 test

I’ve recently took a test and i got the results of HSV 1 and 2 with the igG index of HSV 1 which was 0.2 and HSV2 which was 0.1. Does this mean that i am infected with the virus already? But in the results it says negative (<0.8). What does the 0.2 and 0.1 mean

Last reply
  • I'm terrified.

I am pretty sure I may have developed oral herpes, from my boyfriend.... He all of the sudden came home from work and i saw this huge cluster on his mouth, My face turned white because it didn't look normal. My heart sunk. Instantly, i asked if he had shared a drink with someone, kissed someone,...

Last reply
  • Herpes or Not, Please give me opinions. Image included

Hello,  I'm not sure if I have herpes outside my lips or not.  I had these same symptoms since I was 13 years old but what makes it weird is that they look like pimples, usually 2 or 3 in a group.  However,  it never crusts over or develops an oozing fluid as described by Herpes...

Last reply
  • need some advice

So about last Tuesday I got a cold sore on the outer corner of my lip, at first I thought it was a whitehead, it didn't tingle. I didn't see the person I'm dating the week before I got this cold sore. How did I get it without kissing / being there to share utensils? What else can cause cold...

Last reply
  • My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place ev...

My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place every time. The first time I got it, it was the size of my hand, right down through my eye, and across my cheek. It was diagnosed as shingles. It appeared again,twelve months to the day. Again it was put down to shingles. On the third appearance,...

Last reply
  • Why am i always getting cold

I am 20 years old and I have this problem for years. I always have runny nose, nose block, i can't even breathe properly, which makes me not able to concentrate on anything, i always have a cloth to wipe my nose. I need to get rid of this and continue my normal life. Anyone please help me out. Is...

Last reply
  • does oral herpes cause teeth pain??

I’ve been having some issues my papillae on the back of my tongue on the left side is swollen a tooth hurts also on the left side the doctor prescribed me magic mouthwash but now I have clear whitish lumps on my inner bottom lip they don’t hurt it’s just irritating cuz idk what they are help!!! 

Posted
  • Blood blister on lip

Does anyone have any experience with a blood blister on your lip that simply will not go away? ​I have tried everything from garlic to oil of oregano to tea tree oil ... absolutely nothing gets rid of it. ​Only solution that seems to be left is laser and that is costly. Has anyone found anything that...

Last reply
  • Outbreaks occur frequently. Who can help me?

Oral herpes often occurs whenever I have stress or eat processed foods. Blisters become itching, pain and even bleeding, especially in this weather. They get more dry and bleeding. I used to apply tea tree oil, but it only relieved pain and itching. Blisters still occur after that. I also try to cut...

Last reply
  • Cold Sore (Herpes) transition

Me and my partner were having sex whilst i had  a cold sore, and i use my saliver as lube. The cold sore was patched up and i was sure not to touch the infected area. is it still possible i have have her the virus? 

Posted
  • Are these herpes symptoms or something else?

Hi, I've been diagnosed with genital HSV2 via IGG blood test about a month ago after being exposed in September.  My first outbreak wasn't as bad as many have, but had the typical symptoms, tingly skin on back and legs, few tiny sores, itching, headache, aching, swollen lymph nodes in groin...

Posted
  • Herpes?

I touch my penies and than touch the corner of my lip by accident. 5 mins later the corner of my lip burn. Now a few days later I have continue licking my lips! They just burn! Herpes? It's been a month and a half seems I kiss someone.

Posted
  • Tongue herpes?

I recently had a blister on my vulva and was told by my GNO it could possibly be HPV. 5 mins later she tested me for a yeast infection which came out possitive and said it could possibly be the blister symptom. I took the yeast infection pill and the morning aftfer, the blister was gone as if nothing...

Last reply
  • Oral herpes

Hi I have been told I have both types of herpes (aprox 4 years ago) but have never had a coldsore on my mouth so far.  Today I have been to the Dr with a sore tongue. It’s at the end of my tongue (not all over), is red, slightly swollen but no lesions. I’ve had it for 2 weeks. I also came out...

Posted
  • HERPES or????

Please help here is the picture its 3 really small dots in the inner left corner of my lip http://i63.tinypic.com/2wroso7.jpg

Last reply
  • Please help! Is this an outbreak?

Hi. My boyfriend gave me heroes type 1 in May. He gave it to me because he had just had his wisdom teeth removed, so he had open sores in his mouth then ate me out. That out break was the worst thing ever, hurt to talk, could only lay on my back, sores etc. He just had another tooth removed and performed...

Last reply
  • Oral HERPES ??!??

So I’ve recently just started a sexual relationship with my new partner around the end of August. I scheduled a doctors appointment a week later for a Pap smear everything came out good except the fact I had (VB). A week later I went back to the doctors and got cleared for it .. I didn’t want to perform...

Last reply
  • Worried that it might be herpes but it could be something else

I started having intermittent (on and off, lasting for a few seconds or minutes) tingling sensation on the corner of my left lip. It lasted for about a week. Then it's gone. After that, I experienced another intermittent tingling sensation on the right corner of my lip. A few days after, it's...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.