Skip to content

Herpes - Non Genital

Also known as Cold Sores, Ophthalmic Herpes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Do I have Hsv1 or Hsv2?

So I am very concerned that I might have been exposed to Hsv1 or Hsv2. I was going on dates around december of last year and I was kissing a girl and I’m not sure if she was telling me the truth or not. I was kissing her and she told me she had herpes. We did not have sex of any kind. I only kissed …

Last reply
  • Is this normal outbreak of cold sores?

Last week I got really sick, possibly from a virus going around the town and my immune system went down. A few says later after recovering, I went to the beach with my family and everyone got some form of sunburn despite having a shade and being careful. Since sunburn and getting sick increases the …

Posted
  • Herpes contracting odds

I shook hands with someone with a cold sore on nose (he touched it). Few minutes later I ate an apple without washing my hand. Can I contract virus like herpes? Should I worry?

Posted
  • Is this oral herpes? Or a cut lip?

I am really worried that I have contracted herpes, but I am not sure if I am overthinking or not. I have not experience any symptoms apart from a mark on my lip, it has not been painful but I have read on here that sometimes the first breakout can be trivial but in other places I have read the …

Last reply
  • Is this herpes?

Pending a test, not sure if im just freaking myself out or if this looks off. My anxiety is through the roof and want to mentally prepare myself. 

Posted
  • Is this herpes?

I've never made an account for any type of forum, but I was really nervous about having herpes.  I plan on getting tested Friday, I would like to see someone else's so I can mentally prepare myself.  

Posted
  • Cold sore blister - following morning after sex

So I'm a straight male, I had sex last night.  Kissing, oral, everything. Following morning, I wake up with the feeling that my lip is weird.  I've cold sores in the past and didn't feel that tingle at all the night before. Otherwise I wouldn't have done anything. Now I&# …

Last reply
  • Herpes or canker sore ?

I started getting an ulcer on the inside or my lip a week ago, I now have 5/6 across the inside of my lip they are all white and circular . I’m worried I may have herpes need advice. 

Posted
  • My twin was diagnosed with Hsv 1

Well my twin was diagnosed with HSV1 like a week ago & it was hard on him & also on me cause well he is my twin, but I’ve done my research & I’ve learned that a lot of people have this & they are living a normal life & also a lot have it & they don’t know they have it which …

Posted
  • HELP ME PLZ X

I’ve had this “spot” above my lip and I am afraid it might be a cold sore. My parents say it’s not. I’ve never kissed anyone and don’t see how it could’ve occurred but I really need help. Also, if it is a cold sore can I get rid of it permanently?

Posted
  • HELP is this herpes?

I recently felt my mouth on my lip become a little sore, and i looked and there was a small white bump. i also recently went to the dentist two days before this. Does it look like herpes or what else could this be? its right under my gum line

Last reply
  • Earlobe herpes?

Ive been stretching my ears for around two years now and always had problems. Inflammations, infections, even though i treated my ears with care. I noticed the material of my tapers doesnt suit me so i bought black steel tunnels and put one in my right ear. I developed an allergy to it after half a …

Last reply
  • Tongue herpes?

I recently had a blister on my vulva and was told by my GNO it could possibly be HPV. 5 mins later she tested me for a yeast infection which came out possitive and said it could possibly be the blister symptom. I took the yeast infection pill and the morning aftfer, the blister was gone as if …

Last reply
  • vaginal sores...

my doctor said this is caused by friction. though im getting tested soon. but does it look like herpes or just friction or a allergic reaction? this is right next to the opening of my vagina. i have a biger sore on the left side sorry for the tampon string. but i need to know. when i put salt on it …

Last reply
  • Worried and suicidal. Is this herpes as I'm been worried

I just popped who what i thought was pimple on my chin as it leaking yellow green colour pus. Also the pimple is a big bump  (surround by red skin) with multiples head that are the same colour as they pus but some have a black colour head. But as it leaking i decided to remove it with a …

Posted
  • Is this herpes?

So I accidentally bit the nside of my lower lip the other day, and lately it's been slightly, um, "itchy" feeling? So today I started biting it somewhat aggressively, and tore off a flap of skin. Now it looks like this. I literally went through the exact same thing with the other side …

Posted
  • is this herpes and cold sore

Is this herpes as I'm been worried and it look like a open sore that similar to herpes open sore. This happens when i popped a big multiple head pimple that was surrounded by a red not itchy skin.  

Last reply
  • Is this herpes??

I recently broke out in a rash on my neck and chest. The rash would go and hen come back at night. It would come my skin was hot and be gone in the morning. Ever since I had the these bumps have been appearing on my neck. I dont want to pop them as I am afraid it is herpes. My inner labia minora …

Last reply
  • Should I be concerned

So I had to put the picture as my profile picture since I can't figure out how to add a picture here talk about annoyed but I have had this irritation in the corner of my mouth first this time last year and now this year for 2 weeks, last year I thought it was just a cut but now I am getting …

Posted
  • Is this normal for a herpes blister?

So I had a bump on my face a few days ago and I'm not sure if it's a pimple or cold sore. i was hoping someone could help me out. There was just one underneath the lip and it looked like it had white puss in it originally when I woke up day 1 but later that night looked clearer. I noticed …

Posted
  • HSV-1, Possibly now HSV-2

I have had cold sores all of my life, I am now 22 years old. A few months ago I was recovering from a cold sore, and slept with someone new (also performed oral sex on him) 2 days later, my lips began itching and I experienced the worst cold sore outbreak of my whole life. I had multiple sores on …

Posted
  • Positive IGM HSV1 , Negative IGG HSV1, do I have herpes?

My ex boyfriend had genital herpes HSV2 which I didn't know about after two months of being broken up (He found out later). I decided to get tested and so I tested positive for HSV1 IGM and negative HSV2 IGM. I was in shock since I thought I was going to have HSV2 but relieved it was only HSV1. …

Posted
  • Is this a cold sore?

I had what the doctor thought might be my first cold sore a year ago. This year I noticed a strange bump and some itching in the same spot so I took the oral antivirals. All that developed was this small red spot. It’s still itchy four days later.  Do you think it’s a cold sore?

Last reply
  • Herpes Meneciphalitis

Herpes inside my brain and i was deny the iv so it move to my spine im the only one in usa no doctor is help me i dont have hsv2 just hsv1 but i did not get help when i had the symptoms now i have a 70% fatality rate it hurt in my spine alot alot the er doctor take the info off line this is …

Posted
  • i have had this for over a month

i have not had sex yet and i started to get this rash on my high inner thigh and i dont know what it is i really havent done nothing to it so it can go away but it does not burn nor nothing it only itches from time to time . could this be jock itch ? or what could it be ? 

Last reply
  • Is this herpes? Please help

So about a week ago i notices noticed what seemed like a small open sore around the back my jawling. I didnt think much of it but its been spreading and it wont heal. Its just open sores that kinda just have puss form on them and the occasional small little blister forms and turns into one. It …

Last reply
  • Cold sores/shingles/facial nerve pain/back pain

I never had chicken pox as a child. I had what doctors diagnosed as chicken pox when I was 15. The symptoms when I was 15- blisters on my right eye, my nose, and my left side of chin. The blisters on my eye caused my eye to swell shut. Since then I have been getting "cold sores" in those …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.