Skip to content

Herpes - Non Genital

Also known as Cold Sores, Ophthalmic Herpes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• HSV 1 on lip

Two days ago I was at a party and when I was there I shared a drink with one of my friends. They offered me it through the straw but instead I drank from the rim of the cup instead which I don't think had been drank from. Since then I have had a spot appear on my top lip. I have popped the spot/...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is this Herpes?

My lips have been acting strange lately. On Monday I noticed aome redness and soreness but i assumed it was from me accidentally biting myself or some other trauma. It is now Friday and it hasn't really healed. It's just red and has a bump and I'm beginning to worry it's herpes. Also...

Last reply
  • HSV 1 on lip

Two days ago I was at a party and when I was there I shared a drink with one of my friends. They offered me it through the straw but instead I drank from the rim of the cup instead which I don't think had been drank from. Since then I have had a spot appear on my top lip. I have popped the spot/...

Posted
  • Genital herpes?

So I lost my virginity a couple of weeks ago and I got some red bumps near my balls and my penis head kinda got like rogher but no sytoms in herpes besides itches here and there don't hurt when pee

Posted
  • Another cold sore?

Hi I had a cold sore a week ago that was pretty nasty and it was healed by Wednesday except for some dry skin that was on the new pink skin. But on Friday morning I noticed a little swelling and redness on the corner on my mouth. Could it be another cold sore again? Usually when I have any kind of...

Last reply
  • I'm terrified.

I am pretty sure I may have developed oral herpes, from my boyfriend.... He all of the sudden came home from work and i saw this huge cluster on his mouth, My face turned white because it didn't look normal. My heart sunk. Instantly, i asked if he had shared a drink with someone, kissed someone,...

Last reply
  • NOt sure if what I have is a cold sore on my lip

I went out with some friends shared drinks and cigarettes. A few days later part of my lip looked swollen like I had bitten or bumped my lip. I didn’t think anything of it. It was slightly discolored and doesn’t look like any of the cold sore pics I see online. I tried to poke it with a sterilized needle...

Last reply
  • My boyfriend dated a girl that had hsv1?

Hi all, I just have a little question; my boyfriend dated a girl that has HSV 1 and it sounded like they were very recurrent outbreaks and I'm wondering what the is chance of him getting the virus either from both intercourse and oral sex. He told me whenever she had an outbreak they wouldnt kiss...

Posted
  • Am i hsv positive or not

Hi I'm having so many head trips right now. About 7 years ago my boyfriend called me in the room to show me he had an outbreak. I freaked out and went to the doctor who ran some std tests to include hsv1&2 so 3wks ltr my result was 2.05 i was told by my 1st doc that yes you definitely have hsv...

Last reply
  • Curious about the herpes virus

So I am someone who suffers from coldsores occasionaly and I have never had any sexual contact but i am still so panicked that I could potentially have hsv1 on genitals too althought i havent really had any signs but Im just wondering if there is any way i could have potentially gave myself hsv1 or hsv2...

Posted
  • Lysine for Coldsores

I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but for around the last 3 years of my life, I had been getting coldsores monthly, sometimes twice a month. I've always had coldsores for as long as I can remember, but I was beginning to get them more and more often, and although it sounds dramatic,...

Last reply
  • Very SCARED! Possible Herpectic Whitlow

Hi, I recently contracted HSV1 in April 2017, and since then I have had 2 recurrent outbreaks.  In my second outbreak, my cold sore had almost healed, the scab had fallen off and the skin was healing, I cut my finger on something sharp. It wasn’t a deep cut but it started to bleed so I instantly...

Posted
  • What Would Happen?

I've had a cold sore for about two weeks now, and there is still a scab where it is. Just wondering, but what would happen if I accidentally swallowed a part of the scab? Would it spread, or do something else?

Posted
  • Did I catch herpes?? Please help

I gave oral sex to a man Friday afternoon and my mouth began burning immediately which lasted a few hours. Just hours after I gave oral it looked like white mucous on the inside of my mouth and there was a red spot that wasnt there prior. The next day my mouth was tingling all day and I found another...

Posted
  • Cold sore question

i have a coldsore and i know it will go after a week but if will i be ever able to kiss my partner  or perform oral after its gone ?...

Last reply
  • I'm not sure ..

Hello guys, I noticed this (image below) :  I'm not so sure .. It doesn't look fluid filled, thought it has a black spot int it (hair maybe?)  Thanks for the answers!

Posted
  • Oral Herpes

I had a small ulcer in my lower lips. It was NOT bad. It used to come and go once in a year. The dentist for some reason decided to do biopsy on it. After biopsy, it never stopped. It has been two months now. I am taking acyclovir 800 mg * 5 times a day, but it also could not stop the out break. ...

Last reply
  • Is this a cold sore or just a pimple?

I’m 16 and a virgin. I have not sexually made contact with anyone. I felt this on my lip the other day and stupidly, assuming it was just a pimple, picked it. I, later, saw it in the mirror and began to worry due to its location. Is it a cold sore? It doesn’t throb or hurt constantly, but when I open...

Last reply
  • Cold Sore Anxiety/ Health Anxiety

Last Thursday I was in class and a girl who was sitting next to me had a big bleeding bump on her top lip. The whole class she kept putting her fingers in her mouth etc.  When I asked her about the bump she said she busted her lip but idk I have a hard time believing her. At some point she touched...

Posted
  • Can I have sex if I have hsv-1?

Hello. I used to get a cold sore every one or two months. Now I got it again after one year. I have the hsv-1 one and my partner is clean. I have a couple questions. 1. Can I get him hsv-1 if I kiss him? 2. What sexual activities are we allowed to do? I won't risk giving him a b*****b but can he...

Last reply
  • Is this oral herpes?

I've recently been exposed to someone with oral herpes but she had no breakouts, and i got a lump on my cheeks wondering if its just a really big pimple?

Last reply
  • Is this oral herpes? Or a cut lip?

I am really worried that I have contracted herpes, but I am not sure if I am overthinking or not. I have not experience any symptoms apart from a mark on my lip, it has not been painful but I have read on here that sometimes the first breakout can be trivial but in other places I have read the first...

Last reply
  • HSV 1 and 2 test

I’ve recently took a test and i got the results of HSV 1 and 2 with the igG index of HSV 1 which was 0.2 and HSV2 which was 0.1. Does this mean that i am infected with the virus already? But in the results it says negative (<0.8). What does the 0.2 and 0.1 mean

Last reply
  • Herpes or Not, Please give me opinions. Image included

Hello,  I'm not sure if I have herpes outside my lips or not.  I had these same symptoms since I was 13 years old but what makes it weird is that they look like pimples, usually 2 or 3 in a group.  However,  it never crusts over or develops an oozing fluid as described by Herpes...

Last reply
  • need some advice

So about last Tuesday I got a cold sore on the outer corner of my lip, at first I thought it was a whitehead, it didn't tingle. I didn't see the person I'm dating the week before I got this cold sore. How did I get it without kissing / being there to share utensils? What else can cause cold...

Last reply
  • My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place ev...

My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place every time. The first time I got it, it was the size of my hand, right down through my eye, and across my cheek. It was diagnosed as shingles. It appeared again,twelve months to the day. Again it was put down to shingles. On the third appearance,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.