Skip to content

Herpes - Non Genital

New discussion Join group Also known as Cold Sores, Ophthalmic Herpes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • jessica33710 2

Tongue herpes?

I recently had a blister on my vulva and was told by my GNO it could possibly be HPV. 5 mins later she tested me for a yeast infection which came out possitive and said it could possibly be the blister symptom. I took the yeast infection pill and the morning aftfer, the blister was gone as if nothing...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • mary53020 1

I just found out i have herpes type 1 2 weeks ago.I should I do.

2 weeks ago the doctor told me I have herpes type 1 .. but didn't informed to much just told me if I have. Breakout to go to the doctor or hospital to get medication. Wasn't sure where I have it because it was blood results. But didn't told me other ways to get better test.. but I been with my husband...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Lilley1 2

Cold sore

I have had a cold sore since May, antibiotics and creams have not helped, I was even referred for suspected cancer as this will not heal! Cold sores are supposed to heal in about 10 days! I have never had a cold sore yet at 56 I have one, getting really frustrated /concerned as will not go away! ...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lucy 68889 1

Could this be oral herpes?

Hi everyone. I have never had a cold sore before, but about four or five days ago, I shared some drinks with somebody who (I believe) has oral herpes (I wasn't aware that it could be transmitted in this way at the time, but I've since read that it can be). She had no sores that were visible to me at...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • ND28498 2

Oral sex but have HSV-2 need help

I have had HSV-2 for 2 years including my fiancé.. and want me to give him oral sex, but yet he don't know the consequences of what will happen due to an outbreak on out mouth... ive convinced him that it's a bad idea. What should I do? What if I actually risk it and have oral sex with him? How can I...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • kati96329 2
  • sammy31629 1

Chronic episodic skin rash, face burning+itch, no diagnosis

Hi All, Partner and I can't get any headway with diagnosis or treatment, now affecting her mental health. All thoughts welcome! Approx 4 years ago when she was in her previous relationship, girlfriend had what her doc initially thought was a shingles outbreak on her leg. After a while though they considered...

• aaron45568 1

Oral Herpes and surely more??

Been reading these forums for peace of mind for a while now but thought it was time to cave to HA and burden you all with my problems. So my story goes.....October 2016 i was away on holiday and contracted Oral herpes i assume through sharing drinking glasses, i suffered with all the listed symptoms...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • cici02230 2

Herpes or cankersore on guns?

I've had this canker sore looking thing on my inferior labial frenulum. I got this one other time but never looked into it. It's extreamly painfully to touch my chin or to open my mouth. 

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • lonnie51239 2

Is this herpes

Last week while showering I used my regular sponge and I scrubbed my anus, but scrubbed it pretty harder than usual. I am a gay male and I do engage in anal sex, but I always use condoms. The next day I had a really bad rash near the crack of my anus. It wasn't really itchy, just sore and irritated....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • angela51933 1

I keep getting tears in my vaginal area.. HELP!!!!

I was diagnosed with hepers simplex virus 1 but my outbreaks are on my opening of the vaginal area. My breakouts consist of alot of tears i talked to my obgyn and i asked her am i going to get these cuts every time i have sex because it seems i only get them when we have sex. The first time i waited...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kim48444 2
  • Randy1235 1

cold sore

is this cold sore? i have been having it for few month it doesnt heal by itself. the thing is i have not encounter any blister during the proceed only having cracks all over at this specific area in my mouth have tried zoral cream and it looks like its getting worst. please some one help?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Randy1235 1
  • frankie59542 1

Lysine for Coldsores

I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but for around the last 3 years of my life, I had been getting coldsores monthly, sometimes twice a month. I've always had coldsores for as long as I can remember, but I was beginning to get them more and more often, and although it sounds dramatic, it was...

37 replies 7 votes Last reply
  • Sophie245 2

Does this sound like herpes?

Would really appreciate some advice.. my "health anxiety" is going crazy at the moment. It is day 40 since possible exposure to HSV 1 (even though no visible sores on their mouth.) No sores as of yet. So far I've had the following symptoms (not sure if caused by anxiety or not): - Random tingling on...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Simplegal02 2

Cold sore?

So I sometimes have redness which follows a tiny pin pin point small red or white bump that looks shiny. It doesn't form into a blister at least it hasn't yet. I have this happen every once in awhile. Sometimes there is a burning or weird feeling. Anybody else have this? Should I buy abreva? Help me....

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • darren44563 1

Sore on inside of lip

Had this for a week or so, had canker sores in the past and this does not look anything like that. Dark dot in the middle with white threads on the risen lump. 

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • irinea74484 2

vaginal sores...

my doctor said this is caused by friction. though im getting tested soon. but does it look like herpes or just friction or a allergic reaction? this is right next to the opening of my vagina. i have a biger sore on the left side sorry for the tampon string. but i need to know. when i put salt on it when...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • jan110516 3

Herpes on finger

I've had this little blister near my nail on my middle finger for several weeks. It was full of pus, sore and red looking but two weeks ago I accidentally hit it on something and it popped. It will not go away. It isn't sore but it does not seem to be healing. I take daily suppressives for GHSV1. How...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • EverLost34 1

I don't understand!?! Am I truly positive?

So about a week ago, I tested positive for HSV-1. I have had no symptoms, I just wanted to get tested to make sure I was clean, but I came back positive for HSV-1 (I'm guessing oral because the nurse said I could use a cream on my cold sores) but I don't understand this because I tested negative for...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • julie12459 1

Sore on top lip

I've had a tiny sore on my top lip for a while now and if you look closely u can see a few tiny white spots , the size of a pin head and if I squeeze them they are like tiny white threads. They sting. I've tried cold sore cream to no avail. Any ideas what this could be?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place ev...

My cold sore apears on my forehead, in the same place every time. The first time I got it, it was the size of my hand, right down through my eye, and across my cheek. It was diagnosed as shingles. It appeared again,twelve months to the day. Again it was put down to shingles. On the third appearance,...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • janice90287 1

Cold sore scabbing but still tingling.. is this normal???

So i just got my first cold sore. The first couple days it felt hot and a little numb, a little itchy but no tingling like most people describe.It then blistered and now is sort of like a scab.. its yellow and hard. But I now feel that tingliing feeling all around my lips. I'm terrified that im going...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jessica19773 1

Herpes Simplex -1

i received HSV-1 from my boyfriend genitally testing positive for HSV-1 after a swab, but i also go the oral symptoms of the in mouth ulcers but i received no mouth cold sores. Why did it get ulcers in my mouth instead of on my lips? can i get both mouth and genital symptoms at the same time?  

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • farah01 1

Herpes IGG test - Can anyone help read results?

Hi I'm desperately in need of some help. My partner come up in genital herpes while on vacation, now of course being with him a year Instantly thought he'd cheated but since reading up there is a possibility he had it prior to meeting me but simple didn't know he had it. Once we got back home unfortunately...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • m69715 2

herpes on my tongue

Ok so I have both 1 and 2. .I believe I caught 1 maybe 3 to 4 yrs ago...it's lesions on my tongue..im so insecure about it that I NEVER EVER stick out my tongue. ..most mornings I wake up and my mouth is super dry and my tongue it white. It's very embarrassing. ..does anyone else have this problem,...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • nikki73 2

Wedding On the Line

Boyfriend of 5 years, just received his test results today. The doctor says that he has both 1 & 2 and showing old markers of antibodies. I had my tests done 3 months ago, and it came positive, showing no old markers and way less than his percentage. He and his ex wife swore up and down that I had given...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jan110516 3

Blood test

Could someone test negative for HSV1 with just a blood test and no swab, and really have it? My partner tested negative, then I got GHSV1. My tests (blood/swab) revealed that I was negative for previous exposure, positive for recent exposure. I have had no other partner.

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ashwill22 1

Plagued with a lifetime of fever blisters

I have been dealing with severe fever blisters my whole life. I have recently been prescribed valacyclovir. I was told to take it when I first felt the stinging. I didn't get it in time I don't think because I left my script at work. Does any one take a pill everyday and they stay away? At this time...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Boocatdog 2

Am i overthinking or could it be herpes

I went to the nurse and then sexual health clinic and she told me I was unlikely to have herpes. I was find until this evening but I keep going to check if anything has appeared. My lips are normally dry anyways, but the bottom of my lip and near the top there is more of red colour. I wear braces...

5 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • vic95 1

Cold Sore

Hi all, I've been suffering with cold sores for as long as I can remember. I recently felt tingling today on my lower lip and I automatically took my perscription for Valtrex. I am really disappointed because I haven't had a cold sore in three years thanks to this medication; however, it did not stop...

• daniel37399 1

Is this herpes? Please help.

I'm just going to get straight to the point. The corners of my lips burn/irratate. I have also been getting fordyce spots on my lips but they seem to burn & irratate me also. But now I have a red bump on the corner of my mouth which is kinda bothering me. The red bump doesn't look like a cold sore it...

• onsipin 1
  • jazmen 64129 1

Help please

I have a bump on my lip and I tried to pop it when I popped it puss came out of it and I don't know what it is or what to do now is this a cold sore or what

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.