Is this a cold sore or not?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I had my first cold sore outbreak about 2 months ago. I'm trying to figure it out if I had my second outbreak a week ago. Last saturday my bottom lip felt kinda sore and i saw a little bit of clear liquid from it. I regularly eat hot sauce so i'm not sure if this had anything to do with it. It stopped oozing but yesterday it oozed only a little again and it feels the slightest bit sore in the same area. I didn't feel a tingle or an itch last week or yesterday and no scab has formed. I dont' see an open sore and my bottom lip still looks normal. Can a cold sore appear on the lips without a warning sign such as tingling, burning, etc? Could it be my second cold sore outbreak or something else?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I suffered from these recurring for years every time I was stressed and rundown. The only effective treatment I have found is zinc picolinate. I tried everything else don't waste your time, or money. Must be this type - not general zinc!! Zinc picolinate is the most well -absorbed by the body. A tablet a day boosts the immune system and seems to kick the virus's arse. These are made by a manufacturer called Thorne. Not cheap, about £15.00 GBP for 60, but changed my life and that was worth it in itself. I was getting sores almost every other month! Good luck, I hope this message reaches you! D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.