Am i allergic to all these fruits ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , my name is Riad . I'm 17 and I've been struggling with this issue for a while now

When i was young I ate a date i liked but then my throat was itchy and i thought that would go away , it did but the more i grew up the food that gave me the same thing increased now I can't eat fruits or nuts at all , itchy throat instantly and it doesn't go away till few minutes

any known solution or anything ? what's this case called atleast .

thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Riad, People can be allergic to basically anything, it can start at anytime, they can worsen, some foods have common allergens, so you may have to avoid a few things due to one allergy...food allergies are pretty common, you can be allergic to types of proteins, sugars & all kinds of preservatives that may be on or part of the food...seeing an Allergist for food testing is the best thing you can do, they can check for most foods, you can ask to be tested for specific foods in advance (then if they don't have a serum, they can prepare one for you) and once tested, they can decide to do additional or more extensive testing...then you either avoid those foods(it will make it so much easier KNOWING which foods are an issue)if it gets bad, your Dr NOW or AFTER testing the Allergist.... can try using OTC anti-histamines(check with your Dr. esp....if you have medical problems or use medications)..but, you need to NOT take anti-histamines at least for 5 days before allergy testing, as it can effect the results....I think you can get this figured out, if you can't see an allergist for a while, because of current situation, ask your Dr about the anti-histamines & avoid things you think give you problems!! Good Luck getting your allergies under control, it gives you piece of mind once you KNOW what you can & cant have!! BEST WISHES💒☮🎶🐾🌈♾🍀

• Edited

Hello @riad51780 there are chances you are allergic to this food and it is known as oral allergy syndrome. People suffering from this allergy experience itchy mouth or scratchy throat after eating certain raw fruits, vegetables, and some tree nuts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.