am i alone on the hurry and get off

Posted , 6 users are following.

when i was'nt going through the meno i love having sex with my husband but now i'm feeling like ms ceilly off color purple i just let him do his business and pray he hurry up and get off me i am not enjoying it at all just not into it anymore i love him but just not interested in the sex anymore but as a wife i do it but not enjoying it 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've not been sexually active with my wonderful husband now for 5 years I really couldn't face it at all but he totally understands and very supportive have you tried talking to him about it ?
  • Posted

Monique, what you are experiencing is common for many women in menopause.  Many woman also find it difficult, if not impossible, to even reach orgasm.  This is the result of a lack of our sex hormones.  Estradiol, progesterone, and for some women, also testosterone.  

I too have experienced this unpleasant situation.  You do have options with replacement therapy.  For me, this is a part of my life, that I am not willing to give up.  But only you can make that decision. 

• Posted

I'm going through the same thing now but I've never had a high sex drive anyways, but now it's so much worse and it's so annoying and fustrating when my husband doesn't understand what I'm going through. I can snuggle with him but when he mentions the sex word I get annoyed.
  • Posted

I completely understand. A lot of the times I am just going through the motions. Sometimes my husband will say he wants to do it and I think, "oh God do we really have to!" But I don't deny him because I certainly wouldn't want him going elsewhere to get his needs met. Let's just hope and pray our libido returns soon and that our companions hang in there with us through all of these crazy changes.
  • Posted

Hi Monique,

I fully understand whee you are coming from as I too am going through the "Hurry up and get off" phase of Perimenopause... My hubby says he understands what I am going through and have even talked to him about the loss of sexual interest but he still wants to do it...if it's a quickie not a problem at all but our Sat night can usually take up to 2 hours as he wants me to dress up in lingerie, have a scented candle, more foreplay etc I just go along with it and I hate to say it but start thinking of something else and go through the motions...sad but true.

I have been going through Perimenopause for the last couple of years and the low sex drive has only just started and I hope it doesn't last forever...

Take care

Anna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.