Am I Alone? Pregnant and scared.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am just looking for some reassurance. Me and my husband found out we're expecting after 3 months of trying. We have both always wanted children and this baby was very much planned. I was so excited when I found out, and then last night in a matter of minutes, that excitement has turned to anxiety, sadness and just a feeling of being completely overwhelmed, to the point where I keep thinking that I don't want to be in this situation. I have a history of anxiety and OCD, and so I'm assuming that's playing a part, and I don't handle change well at all. I feel so guilty that I feel like this, but I'm so scared that my life is going to never be the same again, and do I really want this. I'm not very far along at all, only 4/5 weeks, so I'm hoping its just my hormones, and I just need some time to get used to it. Has anyone been in the same situation? It would really help to know that I'm not alone.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Laura,

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I'm not pregnant, but trying. I totally relate, and I've talked to many women who feel this way. It's a HUGE life change, and it's OK to be scared. I too have anxiety, so I am totally expecting these same feelings when I'm pregnant (in fact I already have these feelings and we are just trying). My advice is to take it one day at a time. Distract yourself, meditate, do yoga, call up a girlfriend. Do what you have to do to make it through that day. Then do same next day. Don't worry too much about the future. I think because you are so early in the pregnancy, that you are still getting used to the idea. I felt like this during every major life event. Once you have some time, you will start getting used to the idea, and start feeling better. All the best to you, and I am here if you want to talk!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.