Am I Anemic?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondering, when i bleed heavily during period and get tired or feel faint or headache is it anemia? Other than that, usually i feel cold easily on my hands is like icy cold if one touches it they know i am feeling cold at my palms. Should i get tested?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

It would be good to get tested especially as you do have heavy periods. My advise would be to see your medical practitioner. I was also in the same position as you suffering from heavy periods etc but i am now fine. I had symptoms that i overlooked for a long time. There is also a very good book that i will recommend you read, its simple and non medical.

Overcoming Anaemia, My Experience. it will give you some ideas and understanding on the symptoms,

I wish you well, i wish you good health,

• Posted

When you suffer from heavy periods do you feel faint. i have been feeling faint or headaches. Almost felt like fainting but luckily i was home. Is feeling cold on your hands part of Anaemia. Please advise? Will arrange a meetup with doctor this weekend.

• Posted

Yes i felt faint/light headed, had blackouts and it was worst when standing up from a sitting position especially if i stood up in a rush i will feel really dizzy and also in the mornings when getting out of bed in a rush. i was always feeling cold in my hands and feet and so wore socks all the time even in the summer season. The symptoms of anaemia varies with different people but most people will experience common or similar symptoms. i also felt tired all the time and out of breath just walking fast it was a dark period for me and for a few years that i lived with it before getting the right diagnosis and treatment. Heavy bleeding may also be caused by fibroid which was what they found out was the cause of my problems, its good you will be seeing a doctor. Get checked out and take it from there, keep me posted. best wishes,

• Posted

Noted. i felt faint that i had to hold the table for support. if i didn't hold i would have probably just had a blackout similar to you. i am always so cold. i don't feel out of breath but my body feels weak during period. i rather sit and not stand.

• Posted

Yeah! weakness is also the way i felt coupled with fatigue. i am glad you will be seeing the doctor soon. i wish you well, i wish you quick recovery and good health,

• Posted

I am on my period and fainted twice but it was quick. I woke up lying on the floor. Don't remember how it happened. I feel weak after fainting. Is it normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.