Am I anemic?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been having anxiety and digestive problems for about 5 months now. I had a colonoscopy in November and it was all clear, they did some biopsies at the same time and they were all clear too. Over the last 2 weeks I have been feeling more tired, spaced out and generally unwell. I spoke to my doctor who sent me for a full range of blood tests (I had some in September which highlighted a folate deficiency for which I was prescribed a course of folic acid tablets which I have now completed).

Yesterday the results came back all normal apart from the Full Blood Count and I was told to make a face to face appointment with the Dr which I have for next Monday. Afterwards I felt even worse, very shaky and weak, I couldn’t sleep last night and today I don’t have the energy to get out of bed.

Should I ring the drs and ask if I need to be seen sooner? If the blood tests show something is wrong, and I’m thinking maybe anemia, I'm scared I'm going to keep getting worse when perhaps there’s something I could be taking?

Or is this all in my head and my anxiety has kicked in again because my blood test has come back not normal?

I'm 58 and normally fit and healthy, this last year has really taken it’s toll on me healthwise though.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.