Am i at risk for Tetanus?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So my pubic hair got a little out of control, so i reached into the bathroom drawer and grabbed a pair of scissors, they have been there for about 6 months, never been cleaned and have been used solely inside for household reasons. I got to trimming and accidentally nipped myself, i mean tiny, it barely pierced my bottom layer of skin. Its such a tiny cut its hard to find. I washed it with two different soaps, an anti bacterial then my body soap in the shower. I cant remember when my last tetanus shot was. 7-11 years ago. How at risk am i to get tetanus, i know i should get another booster to be safe, and i will this year but im broke and dont have health insurance. Help please

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

A tiny nip and you cleaned it well......not very high risk. Your tetanus shot , although nearly out of date will give you some protection.Get a booster shot as soon as you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.