Am I being a drama queen broken wrist

Posted , 2 users are following.

i broke my wrist and had a cast on for 7 weeks. i didn't have surgery but the manipulated my wrist and then put the cast on . its been off 2 weeks now and i still cant make a fist. still swollen and they gave me the wrong exercise sheet saying i had to do every hour for 15 minutes . i have since rung the clinic and they have said ive done too much should only have been 3 times per day . now im scared i will never bend my fingers any advice please also cannot bend finger tips is this normal

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a surgery with a plate and screws 12 weeks ago, and physio for a month now, and still cannot make a full fist or bend the wrist backwards. Still have a lot of stiffness but am using the wrist more and more, and it is getting stronger.

As long as they are happy that the wrist is healing, it may take a while for the functionality and flexibility to return.

Have you had xrays at your follow up appointments? Did they book you for physio appointments?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.