Am I being irrational?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everybody. I'm a 53 year old female who in the last couple of months has been having some issues with my muscles. I fully understand that nost people on here are not doctors but just starting to go abit crazy here. The problem is to do with my right arm & right leg. About 7 weeks ago i noticed that my right arm was getting tired easily. For example, just brushing my hair can be a problem. (i'm right handed.) Then about 3 weeks after that my right leg (upper thigh) just above the knee started doing the same thing. I can still use my arm & leg but depending on what i'm doing not without some protestation from my arm in particular. I've been to 2 doctors about this & one is sending me for bloodwork to rule out possible vitamin deficiencies. I expressed my fear of having ALS to the other doc & although he said he cant 100% rule it out, he did go onto say that it's very rare & most doctors would go their entire career & never see a case. I'm terrified outta my mind that it is this horrid disease. If i use the stairs for example, it's like the muscle isn't recovering properly (in my leg). Any advise would be greatly appreciated. P.S . i don't have any pain just a feeling like the muscles are tiring easily & they feel like they're being overworked when they are not. I've been a walker all my life so leg muscles in particular should'nt be feeling like this. Just one last thing, doc has sent me to see a neurologist but he said it was more for peace of mind that it's (most likely) not ALS as i was quite anxious in the appointment & it showed.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

without knowing more of your symptoms its hard to say but could be inclusion body myositis or polymyositis.

look it up and see if you have those symptoms

if you do have those symptoms, ask for a ck blood test and EMG testing and/or muscle biopsy

good luck I hope you find your answer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.