Am I being lazy by asking for more help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have cerebral palsy and recently I have been asking for more help with ADL's because I get tired easier, especially since I have a full day of work almost everyday. I feel lazy because I know how to get dressed and brush my teeth but I get tired easier and I would rather focus my energy on college/homework/my internship. I know that it is the job of my nurse to help me but I feel like I'm making them work more than they need to. Has anyone ever asked for more help to save energy?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

People ask for help when they cannot do it for themselves. You have to want to do these things for you, when you do you will make yourself feel better. If you look after yourself it will help you emotionally, i know because cleaning my house makes me feel better and i like to clean. Get plenty of rest, and do your tasks on good sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.