Am I Close To The End??

Posted , 2 users are following.

March 13th 2022. I remember waking with Swollen nodes under the right side of my jaw. shortly after a sore throat, then for the next month what seemed like new and changing symptoms. Fatigue, major sore throat, thrush, a different kind of sore throat, fever... FATIGUE. Did i say.. i was always Tired.

2 months in I was scared when the DOC said he didnt know exactly what was wrong.

at month 4 i was told it was "highly probable" i had/have been battling Mono. While a relief to finally learn what was ailing, it was unnerving to learn thru reading this virus could hang around a LONG time.

for the past 2-3 weeks i have had a few moments where i felt symptom free completely sometimes lasting half a day all the way up to two straight days., with the EXCEPTION that those swollen nodes under my right jaw have never dissapated.

only to have the fatigue and minor sore throat and minor pain around the right side of my jaw/ear/neck crop up again. Never has it felt nearly ad worse as the symptoms did during the first 3-4 months.

I am curious from those who are fully or near fully recovered..

1. The symptoms starting to "come and go" and lesson in severity... am I seeing the ending in sight??

2. The swollen nodes that have never dissapated despite other symptoms coming and going, will they ever return to normal??

This forum has been a blessing to read , it has kept me sane knowing im not alone and what i am experiencing can be recovered from.. however I am getting frustrated wanting this to be fully behind me!! for my family, for my friends, for my career... to just be back to normal as close as possible 100% full health!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

This has been my experience, a few good hours and then days. It is a roller coaster of recovery.

It takes a long while to recover, be encouraged by the progress. I still have one lymph node that is a little swollen after months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.