Am I CURED?

Posted , 4 users are following.

was told early this year i had COPD.(i am an ex smoker) I have had three flare ups, needing antibiotics and steroids. Because i didnt want to have another infection i decided to try other preventative measures.

I did some research and bought some Yamoa powder, you take this for one month. I have been taking it for two weeks. I also bought a salt pipe to inhail.

I read where men working in the salt mines never got lung trouble.

A week ago the COPD nurse prescribed Seretide a twice a day Accuhaler. This i read was used as a preventetive medican.It contains steroids

Now i feel really well. The best ive felt for years. No breathlessness or tiedness.

How do i know which one as helped me the most?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

[quote:883aa1bda0=\"irenec \"]was told early this year i had COPD.(i am an ex smoker) I have had three flare ups, needing antibiotics and steroids. Because i didnt want to have another infection i decided to try other preventative measures.

I did some research and bought some Yamoa powder, you take this for one month. I have been taking it for two weeks. I also bought a salt pipe to inhail.

I read where men working in the salt mines never got lung trouble.

A week ago the COPD nurse prescribed Seretide a twice a day Accuhaler. This i read was used as a preventetive medican.It contains steroids

Now i feel really well. The best ive felt for years. No breathlessness or tiedness.

How do i know which one as helped me the most?[/quote:883aa1bda0]

Hi Irenec

Glad you are feeling much better - COPD can't be cured but it can be stabilised with the right medicines and the right precautions, ie good diet to boost the immune system, daily exercise and if we can manage to avoid people with a cold or flu symptoms.

Having COPD means our lungs are more vulnerable and more susceptible to infection, so it is very easy for us to pick up colds and flu viruses which can lead to exacerbations and sometimes further lung damage.

As for know which one has helped you the most I can only speak from experience - that is whenever I miss or or reduce my dose of inhaled steroids (the preventative medicine) my breathing and activity ability deteriorates.

I know some who have chosen to not take their prescribed medicine who have experienced an exacerbation, and of another who whent without any prescribed medicine throughout her entire COPD life, she tried many different 'natural' therapies (as she would describe). It is sad to say that person is no longer alive.

Wishing you every success in keeping your COPD stable.

V

• Posted

I don't want to be a scaremonger but I agree with Visitor. I messed about with medications a lot, in spite of good advise from medical practitioners. Seretide always made me feel better when I was on it and when I felt better I stopped it. One year later I am on Spiriva, Symbicort and Bricanyl and struggle with sleeping due to low oxygen levels. Sometimes it is hard to accept that we have an illness and we try other remedies and treatments to ease the symptoms. There is nothing wrong with that and I will continue to try these things but I wont be stopping prescribed medication unless under Doctors orders.

Regards,

Robert.

• Posted

Hi Robert

It's one of the harsh realities unfortunately for us, even tho we would like to manage on more user friendly alternatives there is no getting away from the proof that it is the prescribed medicine that helps keep us stable.

So sorry you are have having sleeping probs Robert.

V

• Posted

Hi Irene, did you notice any improvment with fatigue ? Did you have more energy ?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.