Am i cured???

Posted , 4 users are following.

After fighting this for four months I have had no spots or itching for several weeks now. I have however kept applying the cream (lyclear ) every second day. For the past three days i have not applied cream. Tonight checking my skin (as i do every night) to my horror i have found a spot with a white dot in the middle. I am devistated. I have not been in contact with anyone who has scabies. Do i have to go through all this again. Can i ever be free of this. Please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! I too have been fighting this for months . My Doctor finally gave me the correct does of ivermectin. (12 MG two weeks apart) my last dose was 8 days ago.....I now have a rash on my chest and more red bumps . I don't have the itch some say they have. I don't know when this will ever be over. I've had 2 scrapings by a dermaroligist that both came back as nothing . I don't even know want to do at this point. I know exactly how I was infected with this and don't know anymore what to do to get rid of it .
    • Posted

Hi, i know just how you feel. I was given this disgusting thing by a man i met through a dating site 5 months ago and fighting ever since. I di think i have defeated them. With the help of lyclear, ivermectin and washing clothes and bedding every day. I also moved out of my home for two weeks which i think helped. I got a spot the other day but it went fast.

I hope you too get rid of it soon. Stay strong

• Posted

Hey all.

I'm new on this site. Sadly, we're all here. I hope you guys get well soon, you and your families. Also, excuse my English. 

So, here's my story... 

I'll start off by saying I was literally miserable. I ... 

I got diagnosed for scabies on 30th of may. I started treatment right away with a prescribed lotion called Acarol. It's not a pesticide, as far as I know. I think it worked. I had to apply it three days in a row to my whole body, once or twice a day. The doctor said only at night, but I did it in the morning as well. Anyhow... I started getting some red tiny (kind of fast fading away) and I freaked out. I also itched, but not as like before. Now I think my scabies are gone, but I am scared that I infected my family. They still have no symptoms, but are they contagious? What are the shances for them getting the scabies? I mean... I was "oficially" having my scabies in its full power on the 30th of May. I had noticed some scabies pimples (unknowing its scabies) like ... maybe 2-3 weeks before the itch occured. ... My question is, was I still contagious before the itch? 

If so... that will make a month that I have been around my family, and boyfriend. Have been having close physical contact.

They still have no symptoms. None of them. (I hope they don't ever) ... 

What's the chance of NOT infecting them? What if they start a treatment right away - will that prevent the crabies infestation on them? Are they currently contagious to me?

I didn't have many scabbies like pimples, only two or thee the most. The others are red and small, watery kind of, they vary. 

Is it normal to itch after the treatment? What about getting some pimples? 

And......... .... My eyebrow itches from time to time... I can't tell if I'm being paranoid or not...

Is it other type of mites? Please, say no, I'll .. f- die. 

• Posted

Hi i an in the same position. I have been fighting this for 4 months and at last think i am cured. Every now and the (second or third day) i start itching. When that happens i put ascabiol all over my body and it stops. I have been told that the itching will go on for about 4 to 6 weeks after you have been cured.

Hang in there as like me your itching will stop. I have not had any sopts for about two weeks now.

Good luck

• Posted

I feel your pain.  I had this for two years, despite Doctors telling me I was over it.  I realized that part of the problem is the treatment regimen that we have been told that to get rid of it (you apply the permethrin overnight and then wash it off and viola...you're cured).  So you sit around and wait for days, watching the sores reappear.  

What I did was to mix 50% tea tree oil and 50% olive oil in a container (I also threw in a few drops of manuka oil) and I covered myself with that twice a day for about 2 weeks, while taking the horse paste ivermectin (I took the weight amount every two days for 8 days).   It just seems to me that you have to not give these monsters a chance to breathe....so that if they stay in the skin they die and if they come out they die.  

Good luck and vaya con Dios.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.