Am I cutting down to quickly.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, Am I cutting down to quickly.

I'm 33 and have AUD obviously. I'm in recovery with a local service provider. When he asked me how much I was drink, I said "approximately 24 units per day" but looking back, it could of been up to 39 units per day. I'm desperate to get sober.

I'm meeting with my key worker is Monday coming and last week he asked me to cut out 1/2 a can per day, but I felt like it was nothing and like I said I'm desperate. So since Monday I've gradually decreased down and tonight I'm at 15 units. But after doing research in to withdrawal symptoms. I'm sat in a empty bath terrified . Scared to go sleep. My wife and I have just had our first baby.

Symptoms I'm getting:

I have are sweating, shakes in the morning, audible and closed eye hallucinations.

What do I increase? which makes me upset at all hard work I put in.

I think tomorrow might the first time 5 years I will be completely Sober. 0 units!

Advice welcome

Thanks

Adam

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

yes your cutting down to quickly. plz see your doctor. it's not safe to stop cold turkey . only titrating down slowly . try meds that can directly help you cut down without the withdrawal symptoms.

..Is the Sinclair Method available on the NHS?

The Sinclair Method is a treatment for alcohol misuse, which uses the NHS-approved and non-addictive medications Naltrexone or Nalmefene (Selincro). These medications can help you gradually decrease your alcohol consumption right down to abstinence, if you wish. Our services are available worldwide.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.