am i depressed?

Posted , 2 users are following.

just started citalopram and the side effects were bad at first but dying down now. To take my third tablet tonight. Is anyone else questioning if they are depressed at all? I know I am not normal and dont think like other people but sometimes i think i have a shitty, negative personality and that I am just weak because i have no real reason to be depressed and sometimes I wonder if i have a personality disorder or maybe that the truth is that there is no meaning to life and we are all just going to die and im the only one that can see it. My doctor seems pretty sure im depressed so I guess i am but it makes me insecure to think that its something I have no control over. Also i dont think i have ever felt any different so maybe this is just me, if these tablets work it will be the first time iv been happy. Does anyone else feel this way?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hiya lauren :cheerup:

you've asked some very complex questions, but yes you are depressed :? weak has nothing to do with it lauren :wink: depression is a PHYSICAL illness, its real, like broken legs etc :cry: ill try and help tomorow, in the mean time, try and relax and take it easy :ok: , this is an evil indiscriminate illness, it can be genetic, with NO rhyme or reason (causal) :shock: :cry:

take care, try not to worry, speak tomorow :mrgreen:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :ok: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

I started taking citalopram a couple of months back... to begin with i was thinkin am i deppressed at all and stressing out about the whole thing!! but when you realistically think about it you can see you have the symptoms of depression... i found it difficult to think clearly in the first week or so though... so just give it time and stick it out!

I also got very scared in the first few days because i felt i was losing control of my life... u need to remember that the tablets can make you very anxious about things and it is probably them making you worry more than you need to!

Im the same with thinking ive never felt any other way, never been happy, and im worried about what it will be like if i get better. the tablets havent made much diff atm, but my docs just changed the dose from 10 to 20mg a couple o weeks back, im still waiting to notice any change. but the one of the best things to do is just take each day at a time and try not to worry too much about the future!!

Hope things get better soon!!

• Posted

Morning all

I hope this helps I found a web site called **** and you can do different tests for depression,anxiety,stress etc it might be worth you checking it out. It also gives you lists of symptoms and advise about your symptoms. Might be worth checking out to help you understand your condition a bit more

take care Andy K xx

[color=green:97f14faecb][size=9:97f14faecb][b:97f14faecb][i:97f14faecb](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, a postal address and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/i:97f14faecb][/b:97f14faecb][/size:97f14faecb][/color:97f14faecb]

• Posted

Thanks for all your help!

I am thinking now that there is no doubt that i am depressed and a little anxious, i just wish there was some sort of physical reason i became like this because if i knew what had caused it it would be easier to fix. Its difficult when you have been like this for a long time because you end up with no support network because you are so sensitive (maybe paranoid) to other peoples comments that you end up cutting yourself off from the world. I have been agoraphobic for a long time too, il only leave the house to go to work and if im at work and someone is coming down the corridor and feel like i have to get inside my office before they see me. Everything scares me or upsets me! For so long i have thought that maybe i am just immature for my age or a bit spoiled and selfish or just a negative person but i am reading that depression makes you feel like that. It has occurred to me aswell that maybe life just sucks and everyone else is feeling the same but im the only one winging about it but i dont think that could be so because people wouldnt go on living past thirty if they felt like this all the time.

Anyway sorry for going on and on. I feel the need to unload.

Thanks

Lauren

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.