Am I depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been ill with other health issues lately and it makes me really tired. I don’t mind the fatigue but my sex drive is really driving me crazy. Plus, it is putting a huge strain on my relationship. I have no interest in sex and I can’t even think about it. I have talked to my doctor about it, and because of my other health issues, she made it seem like it wasn’t a big deal. It is a big deal to me.. I am tired of feeling so bummed.  I don’t have much of an interest to do anything except sleep. Am I just tired or could I be depressed?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosie, You may have depression but it could also be your other health issues that are affecting you. The mind can affect the physical and the physical can affect the mind. It also depends on what if any meds you are taking. I would go back and see another GP and explain again how you are feeling. Our sex lives can suffer for many reasons ask for a reveiw of your meds also. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Okay, yeah I totally get that there could be other issues. I guess I was wondering if depression could cause lack of sexual drive? I thought that was a symptom of it, but I wasn’t clear if it went the other way around. My doctor and I are exploring what could be causing my lack of libido. Her thoughts was that it was hormonal. But now I know I have migraines and possibly MS.. but those things don’t cause lack of sexual drive, and I am not treating them. However all of my symptoms, including my lack of sex drive, happened at the same time. I was just wondering if I many actually de dealing with depression also?
  • Posted

Hi Rosie sorry about all your problems bad health plus depression is a nightmare iam much the same.

I think that you could look into other areas attend Reiki classes / hypnotherapy / acupuncture, also try research on the net, may another trip to the GP.

Keep your chin up. Alexander.

• Posted

Hi Rosie in my experience losing interest in sex is a classic depression symptom.  I am aware though that it can be caused by other things too.  

Why don't you do an online depression test?  Just google it.  This at least should give you some idea of which route to go down.  If it is depression then you would know to have a further chat with your gp and get treatment for this. Good luck.  x

• Posted

Thank you!

I normally hate the online test because they are simplistic. But, I bet doctors use the same questions to diagnose.

• Posted

Yes they are simplistic and you cannot rely on them for a proper diagnosis, only a medical practioner can diagnose you, but they are useful as a guide.   x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.