Am I depressed or just lazy and sad?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys, I don't know if I have depression or just plain lazy or just sad. I'm guessing it all started from last year. I go on with my life normally, because I have to. Every time I got home I just don't do anything productive. I just immediately go to my computer/phone to entertain myself. (I also have a lot of games to attend to. I try to keep busy. Maybe that's why I'm so unsure about me being depressed or not.)

If you ask me if I feel sad most of the time, I'll answer with "I don't know?" Hopeless? "I guess?" Emptiness? "I don't know." Thoughts of suicide? "Definitely." Maybe I actually just feel normal? I still smile and laugh. Just sometimes think why am I even alive. I'm such a burden.

I've hurt myself last year. Just twice. I think I deserved more to be honest. (Okay, I self-blame a lot. It's normal for me. I can't help it.)

I socialize with others normally. I sometimes mention death and me committing suicide jokingly to my friends. They don't suspect anything. When someone jokes about death, I just laugh thinking they don't know how much I want that.

I'm still here cause I'm scared of the afterlife.

I seriously think that I can live by with my condition. I convinced myself that I'm just lazy and sad. This is probably just a phase. Hence, I've never gone to a professional. (I've tried a lot of tests, but I can't agree with it when I'm so unsure about myself.)

I've been keeping this to myself.

I'm probably just over thinking this.

Thoughts?

(English isn't my first language.)

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alystal. So sorry that you are hurting so much. You said that you have been like this for a year. Did something happen about a year ago? Diane
    • Posted

That's the problem. I don't know. Maybe I'm stressed because of college? I honestly never thought about it.

• Posted

Hi have you thought of anything that might jab happened about a year ago?
    • Posted

Sadly, no. I just hope that it WAS something from year ago... not before college....
  • Posted

Hi feeling suicidal like this is a red flag something is seriously wrong as it self harming.  Stop trying to convince yourself that nothing is wrong and make an urgent appointment with your doctor.  x

• Posted

Alright. I'll try talking to my friend first about it though.

• Posted

It sounds like more than just sadness. I think you'd probably benefit from having someone to talk to, like a counsillor or therapist, to figure out why you're feeling this way.

• Posted

I'm planning to talk to my friend about this. I'm scared that they'll feel uncomfortable. This is gonna take some time....

• Posted

I had a really hard time last year and was struggling with some depression and anxiety and was also afraid to talk about it but I finally opened up to one of my friends and it brought us so much closer and she was very understanding. If your friend is uncomfortable its because they don't quite understand but if they can get over that and be there for you to listen you know you have a good friend by your side. The first part to felling better is to talk about it, but its also the hardest part. Good luck smile

• Posted

I just talked to my friend. He was surprised. lol

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Posted

Alystal - Make an appointment with your doctor. Be open and honest. Stop self-diagnosing. You need a professional to asses you. 
    • Posted

Yeah, I've thought about that, but I have money problems, so...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.