Am I doing something wrong?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I find this website very valuable and a wealth of information but with that being said I have a lot of problems with it loading and pausing making it very very slow. I think it is from all the pop ups and  and advertising. Has anyone found a way to eliminate this? I would do a lot more reading and browsing if it wasnt for this problem but the wait is just not worth it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried a different browser? Or different computer, like your phone instead of laptop? It may be your security program.
  • Posted

I have the same problem mike. Also have problems with a lag between typing and the characters showing up on the screen, finding the most recent post in the longer threads is very difficult, and I no longer get emails to inform me of new posts in subscribed threads. All in all this site has a wealth of information from some very smart men but I find myself not logging on or posting like I used to.
    • Posted

I had the lag problem on Firefox but not on Chrome. Or maybe it was vice versa. You can also try installing Adblock Plus for your browser. Right now I'm on Firefox with Adblocker Plus and no lag.  Never had  lag issues on my Iphone but whenever I click on an iphone email notification I get pop up spam 90% of the time unless I turn Javascript off. Definitely issues here!

Jim

• Posted

OK. Now I remember. Lag problem was on chrome, not on Firefox. Again, I also have Adblocker Plus installed on Firefox.
    • Posted

I have had that problem with three or four of the very long conversations. The moderator gave me some advice but it did not help on those ones. I use a different E-Mail address for my phone and laptop to stop them from being cluttered up. I did change the E-Mail address on my laptop for a while and was able to get to the missing ones again.
  • Posted

The problem is freeze-ups. Everyone is out to sell cure-alls but nothing works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.