Am I doing this wrong?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I HAVE READ A FEW POSTS WHICH STATE THAT SOME PEOPLE WEIGH THEIR FOOD, SOME PEOPLE COUNT EVERY CALORIE THEY INTAKE, AND SOME PEOPLE ARE STICKING TO A LIMIT OF FAT INTAKE. MY DOCTOR HAS NOT TOLS ME TO STICK TO ANY KIND OF GUIDELINE, JUST TO EAT LOW FAT FOODS. WHICH ANYTHING UNDER 5G IS CONSIDERED LOW FAT. SHOULD I BE DOING THIS FOR BETTER RESULTS????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

For me I'm not calorie counting, just looking at fat content, I think its what you find best for you.

I know people here do calorie count, but thats not for me.

I've lost 7lbs in 3 weeks, I put on in the first week so really its been 2 weeks, Hope thats not too confusing :-)

• Posted

I count calories and fat. Think about it, some foods with little or no fat have large amounts of calories. Sugar and alcohol spring to mind.

My rules are

1500 calories (or less) a day

No more than 30g fat per day split between three meals

No more than 15g fat per meal.

I do weigh everything and count every calorie as well as every gram of fat.

If you just look at fat you could live on alcohol, meringue, boiled sweets and black coffee with tonnes of sugar.

I doubt you'd loose much weight and your hair and nails wouldn't be very pretty after a couple of weeks.

Don't forget your body can take excess calories and turn it into fat. The orlistat will help you get rid of fat you eat but not the other stuff thaat can be made into fat.

• Posted

Thankyou for your advise. i really appreciate it. I was on slimming world diet, so I am still kinda tuned into that. I know that some foods are low in fat and ig in calories ect, i breifly look at the calories and keep tem low but i have no limitations wit it all. I mainly look at the fat content. i have lost 1.5 pounds in 5days so i suppose im not doing too bad. plus I am enjoying my food at the same time.

A..A the no fat but high in calories thing, and i dont think anybody is silly enough to live on alchohol and sweets, but i do understand what you mean sashh.

• Posted

A..A the no fat but high in calories thing, and i dont think anybody is silly enough to live on alchohol and sweets, but i do understand what you mean sashh.

LOL = you don't know many students do you?

• Posted

I am sorta the same, I do count the fat, and don't go over 10g per meal ( I react with orange gas if I do! So I don't do that!) but cals, I give up, its a headache!

(I've lost 20lb in 6.5 wks) so that averages to 3 lb a week. (and I exercise 30 min a day.)

Well I cant weigh my food I just try to guess how much I am eating and do the math, but I do try to not eat high cal food. If I get nibbley, I eat a lot of fruit. I stick to Low fat anything under 5 g, and no cheese for me! I was eating yogurt, but I found the sugar content ridiculous, so I stopped that!

I've also noticed Im not as hungry as I ever used to be and listen to my body when it's full!

So these are good habits that will help us all when we are off the meds!

Good luck!

smile Vanna

• Posted

I apologise for the way my message appeared on the screen, i have no idea what happened, oh well. sashh, what do you mean by ''You don't know many students do you?'', if you are implyiong that i am a student, then you are wrong, i am a happily married woman with a beautiful child. I am on this site to ask questions and get some support, i am on these pills for a very different reason that obesity, something that could actually be more serious believe it or not, so i really need the help.
  • Posted

No, Treen, Sassh only meant that as she's teaching she is fully aware of what some students eat....rubbish etc....no proper meals....you have picked her up wrongly...I didn't read it that she was referring to you at all. Keep asking the questions and we'll try to help as best we can....and thanks for now using lower case on your messages...all the best with the regime...keep going, it is worth it.
  • Posted

Thanks quill-drill for setting me straight on that comment from sashh, i now understand that i took it completely the wrong way.sashh if you read this, i apologise for my misunderstanding. thankyou for the encouragment quill-drill, i feel that i need it to keep going. thakyou all for responding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.