am i dying

Posted , 6 users are following.

ive been experiencing the following symptoms for a while now 

colon spasms 

abdominal pain (left side) occasionally get a random pain on right side as well  

changes in stool consistency and colour 

strange noises coming from abdominal area (like gurgling stomach noises)

mild constipation and sometimes mild diarrhoea 

mucus in stool (occasional) 

foul smelling stool and gas (not constant but not infrequent) 

went to the doctor in april and brought this to his attention and since then ive had

2 blood tests, an abdominal ultrasound and an abdominal ct scan and nothings come back on any of the tests. im just wondering if all of these tests would pick up on something serious like cancer or other kinds of serious abdominal problems as this is also taking a toll on my mental health with the constant worrying.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi 001225

Ask your doc to order an endoscopy...

What is your diet like? Sometimes if we change our diet to a more healthier plan thinks could resolve...best wishes....

• Posted

It could be lots of things, but I don’t think you have to worry about dying. Talk more with your doctor, if you’re not satisfied try another doctor. I know it can be scary, debilitating, and takes a mental toll, but you can get support here. This is a great site to help aid you in your search for answers. Check out my story and others it can help identify symptoms and point you in directions. I’m happy to talk anytime as I’m out on disability currently awaiting surgery. 

• Posted

When do you usually have belly pain. Is it after you eat?

• Posted

no its not like a sharp pain (although occoasianly  or your conventional definition of pain moreso a dull constant feeling on the left side under the bottom of my ribcage
    • Posted

occasionally the feeling (which i believe is some sort of spasm) does get sharper and more intense but i dont know if that is related to diet at all because mines pretty inconsistent somedays i will eat healthy and others i dont really have time to and sometimes i dont really eat at all 
  • Posted

All of these tests would pick up something serious.  However, if alll these tests have come back normal, you have nothing to worry about.  Negative tests is good news for you, so focus on that.  I would go back to your doctor and ask about IBS because your symptoms sound like it.  IBS is a functional disorder that does not show on any test or scan.  Shifting pain,bowel habit change and health anxiety are all connected with IBS. Worry will make your symptoms far worse.  If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.  Everyone goes through this intense worry while waiting for diagnosis.  I had constant, daily panic, despair and anxiety for three and a half months before being diagnosed with IBS.  In the end, I completely gave up any hope of help and I firmly believed that I would be diagnosed with something serious that was too late to treat because of the delay in diagnosis.  However, when I was told I had IBS, my health anxiety cleared up immediately and never came back and my IBS has much improved.

You could always see someone else if you feel your doctor is not helping you.

• Posted

I know it is quite late to respond however if you are still searching for answers you need to be tested for parasites, hepatitis and autoimmune diseases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.