Am I dying

Posted , 5 users are following.

i feel like i am dying, i have bad anxiety and take medication for it but had also been using alcohol as a crutch. after not wanting to do that anymore i stopped yesterday. i know it hasnt been a day yet but my anxiety is through the roof or could it be withdrawal? im sweaty, shaky, clentching my teeth, have awful head tension, jelly legs, feel like im gonna drop down dead.. has anyone else experienced this? is it withdrawal (id have 2-3 glasses of wine most evenings) or is it just my anxiety. how long can this last

thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Alcohol use disorder..AUD takes control of the brain. i have lost many family members to AUD.

Have you thought about AA or in house treatment . There are many ups and downs until sobriety is accepted.

Remember this is not a weakness or a moral issue . Alcohol is a drug controlling every thought and setting off many daily triggers . AUD - addiction is a common problem and destroys families,and lives. Pharmaceutical sober treatment has helped many. See a alcohol counsellor.

The damage to the body can be reversed when alcohol is omitted long term.

Sending hugs and courage your way.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

courage to change the things I can,

and wisdom to know the difference.

• Edited

I was the same! Stopped 9 1/2 years ago and worried where and when my next drink would come from. However, i was certainly drinking myself to death and my twins were 15 months old. Too much to live for and started thinking that one drink would be poison for me. I have kept that thought in my mind ever since and it works. 31st December will be 10 years no drinking! Try it! Poison. Best of luck. Regards Robin.

• Posted

well done you. i dont think i have a drink issue i can take it or leave it but wasnt sure if these symptoms where because of not drinking. like to day i pushed myself out to the gym and was fine to start with and then all of a sudden i started have brief moments where id feel very out of body and about to fall almost like a mini black out, it scared the hell out of me now i do feel off and i have a feeling of something being stuck in my throat on my dangle bit at the back and the constant need to swollow.

• Posted

Not related to alchohol since you hardly drink. See yr gp perhaps. U need a check up!

• Edited

look up alcohol withdrawal. On the net will give you possible withdrawal symptoms from day 1. Anxiety can also get worse,at least for awhile when you stop drinking..if you drink most days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.