Am i eligible for orlistat?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place!

I'm currently taking Amitrptyline, Ivabradine, Topirimate, Pitzofen and Pregabalin. All of these have a possible side effect of weight gain.

I've never had a problem with my weight before these medicines and when i started on these the weight has just piled on and on even though i'm dieting and cutting back and trying to exercise.

My BMI is now 33.5 and climbing and it's seriously bringing me down... Any advice? sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I am currently on topiramate and amitriptyline and i am on orlistat and everything is fine for me , unfortunately i can comment on your other meds as I personally havent been on them ,

• Posted

Hey,

Thanks for replying smile

How did you ask for it?

I asked for help with my increasing weight and went on the choose to change scheme that is running in my area where you get a coach and even she has said that 6 weeks with the changes i've made i should be seeing loss not gain and need to go and ask but i don't know what to say sad

• Posted

I had been to see my gp on numerous occasions asking for help , i had done 2 12week sessions with weightwatchers through gp referral and hadnt had much success , so i went back and told the gp how i was still struggling and was there anything else she could do to help and she mentioned orlistat , i had to have blood tests taken to rule out thyroid and diabetes as my cause of weightgain , and when i was cleared of those my GP prescribed me them , just go back to your GP and say how much you are struggling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.