Am I failing

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm 4 weeks post op. I can straighten my leg well but the bend is still poor.

I am very worried that I'm not doing as well as I should be

I do my excerise regular and start my excerise class tomorrow. My knee is just so tight. I try to bend it to the point that I'm I'm so much pain but it's so tight and stiff.

I use ice all the time.

I am on one crutch now. I can Potter in the kitchen to make dinner and am able to walk up the stairs with the operated leg but I drag it up before I stand on it. I am unable to bend it to the next step.

Is this normal? It's really getting me down and upset as I think that I'm failing and I don't fail!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do not be hard on yourself! What you feeling is normal. It sounds as if you are doing very well ! If worried call your doctor about what is going with bending your leg! I am 8 weeks out I saw the doctor and he says I am still in the recovery stage! I can bend and lift and straight leg but pain is present still ! Hang in their you could have post surgery depression watch funny movies, talk to friends, and try turmeric tea! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.