Am I feeling withdrawal after stopping?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was prescribed Citalopram but the side-effects were too much for me to handle. I stopped taking the 20mg tablets almost 4 days ago and I was only taking them for 5 days. I still feel very lethargic, sometimes dizzy, anxious and quite depressed. Is this withdrawal? I thought I wouldn't have gone through withdrawal since I was only taking the tablets for 5 days.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

withdrawsl can happen on short term meds.it happen to me with cymbalta i took for 7days .and i had horrible withdrawl .i thought that it was my anxiety getting worse.little did i know it was withdrawl .according to gp it was not withdrawl go figure.

• Posted

Hi Lois95799, could you tell me what withdrawal symptoms you experienced after being on it for 7 days? I am 16 days off of mine after having taken it a week, and am unsure whether it is still or was even originally withdrawal. Thank you!

• Posted

brain zaps dizziness nausea vision issues hearing issues all my senses where all over the place and severe headaches.

• Posted

Last year I stopped after 9 days. After having awful crying spells, I restarted cit and immediately felt better.

• Posted

it can happen, but hopefully with you not being on it long it should pass quicker!

• Posted

I was on citalopram for 7 days and then decided to stop because the negative side effects outweighed the positive for me. It's been 10 days since my last dose, and im still having some burning sensations and joint pain on and off. Im assuming it is still from these meds and going through withdrawal. It is not unbearable, I just keep hoping it passes soon. Each day seems to get a little better. So I would say yes, you may be going through the same. Are you having any physical symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.