Am I going crazy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like I'm going mad. Some days I'm fine and happy, myself, but other days I can't stop crying, I'm down, no fun to be around really. I've seen a therapist for many weeks, gotten prescribed propanalol to calm down my palpatations when I'm panicking. The person I'm taking it out on is the person closest to me. My parents moved away 6 years ago when I was 18, so friends are my everything. I want to stop crying over silly little things, and I want to stop pushing people away. I don't know what else to do, I just need someone to listen, someone to help. What can I do? Before I destroy everything I have left.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sounds more likely that you have a depression than anxiety but maybe you should see how the medical treatment goes and things should improve

Good Luck

Richard

• Posted

You need to be asessed by a professional really to really pinpoint what's wrong, but if it were me I'd prescribe an anti-depressant such as Sertraline or Prozac. I'm not a GP but I have fairly substantial knowledge on meds and mental health. It sounds like you've had a nervous breakdown because symptoms sound familiar, if it is a breakdown then i would recommend a book called 'essential help for your nerves', or 'self help for your nerves' by Dr Claire Weekes, both very good books for nervous disorders and/or anxiety. Hope this helps you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.