Am I going crazy?😀

Posted , 6 users are following.

Diagnosed with ss a year ago after a hospital visit with pancreas issues. I am one of the very few to be diagnosed right away. Smart Cleveland clinic intern. So I do not know as much how it would feel to not be taken seriously about symptoms. When this horrible illness came and set up house in my body about a year ago, I could hardly walk, used a wheelchair and cane, got off the toilet like a gymnast. 2 hands! Always. Guess I’m just venting. I can’t imagine how much it would suck for those of you that have had horrible symptoms and not be taken seriously. Currently I feel very ill/ unwell every day. My eyes are gritty sand traps, my toungue is a red, scalloped mess....I am on plaquinil. I don’t know why I am writing, but I guess to just say hello to my ss friends. I can’t imagine you all having such symptoms for so many years and not be taken seriously. I think I am in the 1% that I was diagnosed with Sjögren s right away. I wish you all the best. I just have been feeling so badly I had to share.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Chris

I hope others have a few good tips for you re medications etc.  It took 15 years for my diagnosis but that was so long ago you were probably not born. I just wanted to say I know how you feel, I know the 'so badly' bit when you are so very, very miserable and life is one big scary, painful, grief-filled place to be in.   I feel for you and with you.  Know that we care about you.  Feel loved.  I hope this message helps you get through even this one day feeling a little bit better.  I know the Patient community is a virtual life-line for me.

Maureen xx 

• Posted

TY U really appreciate YOU COMMENT. I WISH I COULD HAVE GOTTEN DAGNOSISED WITH SOMETHING BY NOW. I HAVE AL SYMPTOMS OF SS Sorry about caps. My hands are in Charlie horses so bad. So I didn't look up. Anyway I hope 6 Drs make a decision now. I should know by end of March Either MS or SS. I have POLYMYOIYIS that was diagnosed many years ago. With a muscle biopsy. I wish my 6 drs could be together and say you have, whatever. I really appreciate your comment Hope you feel better soon God Bless 

• Posted

Hi Chris sorry you have this horrible illness there is lots of support out there here in uk there are fb support groups which l am on and we all fire our questions and usually there is someone that has similar symptoms. Im on plaquenil 200mg daily and havent had any side affects. Take care x
  • Posted

I was diagnosed SS and low white blood cell after 5 months of symptoms. It was first thought I had sinuses infection, I saw 2 ENT, 1 allergiest and finally last week my family care doctor ordered blood tests for quite few diseases including SS. I count my blessing that I was diagnosed so fast after reading this forum.

I have terrible dry mouth, hard to swallow food, lost senses of smell and taste.

I am going to see a Rheumatologist to be evaluated and for treatments to control symptoms

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.