Am i going crazy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't even know where to begin, recently I've been constantly worrying I'm losing my mind I keep questioning my thoughts and feelings constantly thinking I have some really bad mental health problem and always feel quite not with it(spaced out)

, I've always kind of been aware that I suffer health anxiety because I'm constantly wortying about my health As i have a lot of stomach issues bowel movements and sharp body pains also get really bad clammy hands and frequent urination, (I've had blood tests done which has came back fine) but I can't help but think what if they missed something. It's just the last few months everything has been getting worse I can't help but think I'm going crazy questioning every thought and feeling I have(when I have positive thoughts I think this must be bipolar as I was anxious not that long ago then these thoughts make me more anxious thinking I actually have this condition) I can't help but google my symptoms all the time and recently been looking at schizophrenia and abipolar symptoms(which I feel I have brought on as I'm constantly looking out for these symptoms in my head ), I can't help but think I have one of these conditions which is really scary and causing me a lot of stress and uneasy feeelings. Aswell as all this I've started becoming REALLY socially anxious around everyone even my close friends(which is ruining my life)I can't help but think I'm being judged badly as I'm always being the quite one(which I never used to be) or they will notice how anxious I am which causes me to be even more anxious, when in their company my mind seems to go blank round others can't function probably and I can't help but think people must think I'm boring as I just sit there and have nothing to say I find myself very fidgety in these situations and panicky. It's becoming really hard to cope with this all the time I find my self always tired and wanting to stay in bed no matter how long I've slept. I find this constant thinking about these problems is causing me to be very irritatble person specially with family as I don t know how to cope with all this! Is this just severe anxiety or is it something much worse?????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I do not believe that you are going crazy. I sense that you are worried due to the tiredness. This can be due to anaemia, thyroid disorders. This really needs a fiull blood screening by your GP. Once this is done you will have a better idea of the cause of the tiredness which can rule everything else.
    • Posted

Being tired doesn't necessarily cause my concerns it's the constant worry that I'm going crazy, becoming socially anxious all the time when with friends which is causing me a a lot of distress, regards to the tests I've urine test that's come back fine and a complete blood count which found nothing also my thyroid seems to be normal as well so blood work seem to be fine, don't know what to do about all this

• Posted

Two exams are needed. One to the gp and one to a psychologist (nomeds) or a psychiatrist. Each will assess you and you will have you answers. They will guide you on how to cope. First you need to know what you are dealing with with,
    • Posted

I've been to my GP which he seems to believe this is all caused by anxiety, I've been referred to an anxiety am depression service to go through the worries I am having.

• Posted

First dont Google your symptoms, just adds to the anxiety.  Go to Doc and ask for a full health check.  Once that comes back, if nothing wrong then take their opinion,=Secondly you are overthinking all the time, you cannot know what is in other peoples minds.   All this thinking is achieving absolutely nothing and is not reality.  Your thoughts are not reality - keep saying that to yourself.  Anxiety caused so many symptoms.   Get interested in something, join a choir, do zumba, learn a language, go to the gym.  Anything that raises your heart rate with make you feel much better.  Everytime a worrying thought comes through push it away and replace it with an upbeat one.  Look at funny videos, read books, BUT TAKE NO NOTICE OF ANXIOUS THOUGHTS, IT IS ACTIONS WHICH WILL GET YOU BETTER.  Remember you are unique, and generations of people have lived so that you can be here and experience everything.  Lastly you are not alone, many wonderful and famous people have suffered anxiety in the past.   Try Ruby Wax's book Sane New World, get it from the library xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, regards the the doctors I've had a urine test that's come back fine and a complete blood count which found nothing also my thyroid seems to be normal so blood work seems to be fine, I don't know what to do about all this feel like my doctor puts all my symptoms down to an easy diganoses of anxiety. Which sparks my worries to think what if something has been missed.

• Posted

heh "easy diagnosis of anxiety" smile it takes a while to digest that this is in fact what is causing your symptoms.

The best test in the world is to treat your anxiety and then see how many of your symptoms persist beyond that...and i think it is quite safe to say that not many will.

Your bloowork would give some indication of something being wrong.

And even if not...

The fact is that, whether or not by some weird chance there is an underlying mysterious condition there or not, your anxiety is exhausting you and wreaking havoc on your body. Your mind is being shredded by it all. So anxiety needs treating.

Get treatment for your anxiety and everything else will slowly fall into place.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.