am I going crazy? depression, anxiety, voices

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, i want divulge much I said in my previous post, but for a while now I feel like there is someone in my head commentating on my life. I hear it all the time. Sometimes its like a crowd of people and they get louder and if I'm rushing they recite faster which makes me rush more and panic. At night time it is like they are keeping me awake by telling me my thoughts. Like i dont think them i am told. Then i start to overthink them and it's like they are saying it with me.

I dont understand. Im on Sertraline atm and its made me feel quite poorly the past few days so am struggling with positive feelings.

Any help appreciated

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry don't mean to sound ignorant but i haven't read any other posts by you so i don't know alot of info, did you notice these voices came on after a big event turn point/ stressor in your life? That could propel the situation, often the 'commentating' can be how you are dissaisfied with your life, how long have you been on your medicine, is it possible this could be a side effect from it, also you should book an appointment with your gp to explore that avenue. You know i sometimes hear music, it freaking well bugged me for ages so i thought sod it, i decided to track the music down and did so, what i didn't realise back then was i hear it when things get too much or when im trying to work out the resolution to a situation/ problem, but you definitely should talk to the gp/ dr.
    • Posted

Sorry I'm new to this so didn't know if it was possible to see previous posts. There are several factors involved I guess. I've had depression since I was about 14 and been through all sorts of different therapy.

I find it hard to click on its happening sometimes though cos it happens so often and for so long. A bit like just reading a book in your head i guess

• Posted

Have you told your doctor about these voices in your head?
  • Posted

There is a hearing voices network in the UK.  Here's a link which has a lot of information about hearing voices.  I've had voices on and off for years.  They work for me now and are helpful and no longer disrupt my sleep.  

http://www.hearing-voices.org/

This site will encourage you to find your own explanation and understanding and offer help in dealing with these voices.  It can't be good for you to be kept awake by them.  You're not going crazy! Just not too well at the moment, but you will get better!biggrin

• Posted

For a start, no you're not 'crazy' at all, Mental Health/Illness is a serious issue so don't get worried or start thinking of yourself as abnormal. 

Sertraline is primarily used to treat depression, anxiety and OCD disorders. It may be helping those aspects of your mental health but may be negatively affecting 'the voices in your head'.

Don't read too much into the symptoms as you really will drive yourself crazy, talk to your psychiatrist/doctor whoever prescribes your medication for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.