Am I hallucinating?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure if I'm actually hallucinating or not, It's hard to explain. Like today I was looking at a basket and when I first looked at it, it looked like a cat that was moving and not like a basket then a second later it was a basket again. Like I see an object as something else before what it actually is. It doesn't happen all the time just sometimes like maybe 5 times a day and is more frequent. I've thought I've seen people or animals in the corner of my eye especially and it disappears the next second or when I turn my head to look. It's been like this for quite a long time like 5 yrs and it happens like 5-7 times or more everyday. I also sometimes hear things no one else hears like noises that are loud but sound normal like someone dropping something, sometimes people talking normally or chattering filling my head but if I ask if anyone heard it everyone says 'no'. I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating because I think hallucinating is more serious then what I go through each day but I'm not very sure.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Can it be stress? The other day, when I woke up, I saw the shape of a person in the hall, walking towards the kitchen. I was 100% sure it was my son and I even went there and said "good morning" and was shocked to see the kitchen was completely empty and my son was sleeping. The shape was dark, walked like a human and it wasn't translucid, I mean, when it walked I couldn't see the furniture behind it so it was solid. It was crazy! I'm an skeptic person but for a second I wondered if I had just seen a ghost. When I'm very stressed my mind plays tricks on me. The important thing, in my opinion, is that you can discern what's real and what might be a hallucination.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.