Am I have an out break

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have no idea what's going on down there. I started getting tiny cuts near my anus a few weeks ago. It appears to be spreading and red in the photo. It's quite itchy. I'm unsure whether I have herpes or a yeast infection.

Any suggestion would be appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Are there ulcers on your labia? Are you having symptoms of a yeast infection? It could be a bad fungal infection (possibly jock itch) if it's just a rash without ulcers/blisters on the outside. Women can get jock itch too and that might cause tears in the skin. Have a full STD/STI screen and swab done to get a proper diagnosis. In the mean time, keep it clean and as dry as possible down there. Wear looser fitting clothes and only cotton underwear if possible.

Edit: Try putting Lotrimin on the white and red patches (only outside your vagina. It's for external use only) and see if it clears up; you'll know it's a fungal infection if it does. You can find the cream at a your local drugstores. Also, the doctor will have an antibiotic for it but that should give you a quick answer to whether it's fungal or not.

• Edited

Check the Lichen Sclerosus forum too. I'm not familiar with the disease but you might want to upload your picture there to see if they think it's LS. Hopefully, it's just a fungal infection and it clears up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.