Am I having acid reflux or irritable bowel ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, 

I’m just gonna jump in and say four days ago I started having diahhrea and stomach pain after eating. I have been drinking apple cider vinegar to soothe my heartburn for a month now. I try eating properly on time too. But recently I started eat junk food or oily food again (because I thought I got better) and lay right down after eating. Then I started having diahhrea and stomach pain. I’m trying to fix it with medicine but I can’t stop it. I had met more than three doctors and none of them helped me.

What should I do to stop my diahhrea and stomach pain? Does anyone know a natural remedy or a medicine? If I have to change my lifestyle How long should I do it? 

Please help me, the stomach pain is intolerable and I can’t do my work. 

Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have gerd or barrets? Please go to your GP immediately. It doesnt mean it is serious but why put up with the pain? Good luck and keep strong
  • Posted

Hi Amy

If I was you I would try and see your Dr, I had similar pains etc, it could be anything from gastritis to a gallbladder problem - best talk to a professional to be on the safe side!

Take care and all the best

• Posted

What did the doctors say? It sounds like IBS but I think that the two things, IBS and GERD often go together and are related to stress/anxiety.

I don't know which is the chicken and which is the egg but there is evidence that stomach issues can cause anxiety. 

Don't eat junk and oily foods so that you stay better. Every now and then you can try them and see if you still have the problem but in the meantime, take steps to heal your stomach. Perhaps probiotics or enzymes will help.  Try an elimination diet. I learned that I can not tolerate soy.  Fermented soy is ok but tofu and other soy products are poison to me. 

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. I also get severe pain in my upper left quadrant if I eat anything that is high in fat. Currently my doctor doesn’t know what it is but I hadn’t to give a stool sample to see if I was having trouble with malabsorption issues. Hope you find out what is causing your problems soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.