am i having brain stroke or just panic attack!!!!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am new here, my english is not my native language and  very poor so forgive me for this !! i have been suffering anxiety since i was a kid, now im 25 years ol dmale ! 3 years ago i made MRI and EEG scan doctor said its just stress and anxiety!! its been 2 years since i had my last pannic attack!! but today i was lifting something wieght in my garden and suddenly when i stood up i felt like im going to faint, my body felt so hot, i start panic and thinking im going to die because i thinking i have brain stroke!! its been 2 hours since this happened i feel better now but i still have nausea and feeling scary ( the thought of brain stroke makes me scary that i die). 

i have all my life  that feeling of faint when i stand up, but i never pass out !! my life is like horror movie because i worry about my health too much!! im scary to go gym because i worry to have brain stroke!! im sorry for this long post but i wanted hear ur opinion maybe i will feel better!!! sad thx alot for read this

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, well first of all if you were having a stroke you wouldn't have been able to write that so don't worry about that cus it's not happening it's just panick trust me I've been there before😊 any time I panicked I throught i was having a stroke too but not anymore cus I have accepted the fact that I have anxiety and I panick a lot, trust me maybe you just pushed yourself to the limit today and that happend, happens me too I do dancing almost everyday and I get times like that, the best thing to do is sit down take a few deep breaths and a drink of water, don't worry it will pass😊x
    • Posted

thanks alot Rachel for your reply, im sorry to hear u had that panic too!  i know you are right, i think im kind of smart person but when it comes to anxiety and panic i bcome tho most idiot man in world ;( when tomorrow will come and i will see the sun then i will believe i had panic and not stroke but now hard to believe lol
    • Posted

I'm the exact same! Haha I panick over the stupidest things ever! Hope your okay x
  • Posted

Hi life,

I have panic attacks and I always think I will have a seizure but never have.

• Posted

Hi Lifelover,   I too have suffered from panic attack.  From the age of 16 I started having panic attacks.  I suffered for a lot of years.  Then I learned how to control them and it got a lot better.  Now the last six months they have returned,  I am 50 now.  It doesn't matter how long you have suffered from them,  it is still very scary when you have a panic attack.  People have all kinds of thoughts go through their heads,  like am I having a heart attack,  a stroke,  am I going to pass out etc...  Yoga is good and meditation.  Also if you practise your breathing,  take slow deep breathes through your nose and out of your mouth and try to relax when you do this.   It seems hard at first but if you keep practising it gets easier.  I get a lot of panic attacks at the moment because of hormone changes,  it is horrible.   Try camomile tea too as it relaxes you and when you are over breathing in a panic attack you could try to breath in and out of a brown paper bag...  Good luck to you and try not to worry cos it just makes it worse,  Tina
  • Posted

maybe you had low blood sugar levels at the time of your exercising and felt faint. Also when you bend forward, all the blood rushes to your head which can cause problems and make you feel dizzy.

Richard

• Posted

thx all for reply..  today i feel normal ! i guess its was blood rushes fast to my head when i stood up!! i hope didnt cause any serious problems!! have a nice day all smile
  • Posted

Panic- When you have a TRUE panic attack you feel like you are going to die! The more you think about it the worse it gets. You are having TRUE REAL PANIC attacks. Some people don't understand what a real-true panick attack really is. This too shall pass!! Stay positive and try to get Zannax only for when the real panic sets in. (Works fast and helps) Do you sweat like crazy as well when they kick in??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.