Am I having panic attacks ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

so this weird thing happened to me twice in the last 3 days... first I get really cold, teeth start chattering, my legs are shaking.. I become very pale, and can hardly breathe. It feels like it doesn't matter how hard I try, the air just won't come in.

Is that a panic attack ? I've looked up the symptoms and i'm not sure.

I have mocks at the moment so at least I know where the anxiety comes from.

What should I do ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if it's a panic attack or not, but I know exactly what you're talking about. That happened in the middle of the night to me for about a week strait then it went away. Mine happened when I woke up though. I'd say just take some nice good deep breaths, watch a lighthearted show or read or drink tea
    • Posted

in the night ? mine happened at school, the second time was yesterday.. Yeah i'll try and relax over the weekend, thanks !
  • Posted

Are you eating properley not high carbs and sugar!!

No chocky

crisps

junk

cola

Try to find time to eat well balanced low gi foofood and bananas etc

good luck .

• Posted

What is going through your mind when this happens to you? do you remember what you are thinking about or doing right before this happens? That can give you some insight to whether or not it is anxiety that you are feeling.  Anxiety is a very strong terrible thing, and all of us feel different things when it happens.  Try to go for a walk and drink a glass of water and try to take deep breaths in through your nose and out of your mouth.  Hope this helpswink

• Posted

I can't really remember what I was thinking but I know I'm under a lot of pressure at the moment.. I'll try and relax.

yeah thank you very much smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.