Am I Hypoglycemic? Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

To make a long story short... I've had general Anxiety for about 9 months now.. but it's more mental anxiety / hypochondriac than anything. I constantly feel like I have some disease because I have all the same symptoms..

I'm currently on Lexapro 10mg so I know those have some side effects.. but at first I had chest pain, went to the ER and I was cleared.. then I convinced myself I Had DVT, went to the ER and was cleared.. Now I feel like I'm hypoglycemic (Low blood sugar). 2 Years ago I went to the doctors and he said I was pre-diabetic, it runs in my family, so it scares me. Now I have all the exact symptoms as people who are hypoglycemic.. The more I think about it the more real it is.. anyone else constantly worry about their health or have any input for me?!

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your thyroid levels tested? If so, what were your numbers?

Hypothyroid has many overlapping symptoms with diabetes symptoms.  Heart palpitations, stomach problems and anxiety are typical in thyroid patients.

• Posted

I never have, but my friend is also experiencing bad depression / anxiety and he was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism, so it makes me want to get the test! I have an appointment next week, I should bring it up! Thank you
    • Posted

You're welcome. They usually do minimal tests as screening. Seems like you have enough issues going on that you’ll want to request a full thyroid panel.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Maureen here I don’t have sugar in my blood but 18 months ago I lost my husband I had the most terrible panic attacks you can only imagine I went to see my doctor (I was so low) I could have help with tablets but as he explained that when you have been married for58years it will take time to start again I went home sat and thought what he said slowly I can say 18 months later I am feeling 60%better so try and feel positive regards17300

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.