am i intitled to a bus pass

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been diagnosed a few months ago with copd. I am still working and will for as long as possible! Some days am quite breathless can anyone tell me if they get a pass because of their copd.thankyou[quote]get busy living or get busy dieing

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, if you search who is entitled to bus pass you will get the search page where a .gov link shows, the link should take you to Directgov website, that's the one you want to look at to find out more.

Briefly you are eligible if you live in England and have a long term chronic condition such as COPD, however the bus pass is only for use during off peak times on local buses in England.

Hope that helps.

• Posted

PS On the Directgov website it also gives information about bus passes in Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
  • Posted

I have a bus pass for my emphysema (copd). Unlike the oap pass it has no time restrictions to enable disabled folks to go to work. You can get the form from your libary
  • Posted

That's lucky for you linsabout.

Likely it varies from county to county.

Thanks for sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.