Am I just anxious???

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my blood drawn for a 4th generation test on Monday. I called the office today and asked if they had the results. The lady told me they got results in but the doctor has been at surgery all day and hasn't had the chance to review them, and they can't give them to me without it being reviewed.

Is that normal or do you think something came back abmormal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's normal. If they found something, you would have known already.

The doctor would have called you first thing in the morning. Or left a message.

I wouldn't worry.

• Posted

The doctor hasn't been in the office to view them tho.

• Posted

Not sure where you live. But here (UK) receptionists don’t give out test results unless asked to do so.   I went to the clinic for my test, and got a text with the all clear etc.   But when I rang to check on them a few months back, the ladies weren’t allowed to give me them and I had to wait for a call from the nurse.  And everything was fine. So I wouldn’t worry.  
  • Posted

The receptionists aren't authorised to give you your results as this leaves room for miscommunication. I'm sure the results would have been flagged when sent back to the doctor if they were of any concern. I'm sure you're okay smile

• Posted

I think I'm just worried because I've had herpes outbreak genital and in my mouth. Well my mouth just today. It's just one sore in my mouth, and a few on my vagina. I also just started my period as well.

I read I could be breaking out due to stress or the start of my period

I have been diagnosed with herpes 4 years ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.