Am i just being silly? Constipation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have not really done a real stool in about 6 months, when i take laxatives it is mainly brown water which comes out with very little stool. 

My stomach is slightly swollen and my belly rumbles a lot and loudly. I have been worried where all this stool is and i am worried i maybe have a rupture in my bowel with all the stool leaking everywhere. 

Is this likely to happen when all the water comes out is that stool broke into water? Also the belly rumbling is this normal. I know i worry a lot but this is what has been on my mind. 

Thanks in advance for replys

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

If your biwel was ruptured you would be dead as it would cause sepsis so it's not that

Go to your doctor and ask for a coloniscopy which will put your mind at rest 

Are yiu eating fibre or try liquids aloe vera which would help with the constipation and also settle your intestines 

Hope this bit if information helps but go to the doctor as there's something wrong but it certainly isn't serious 

Good luck 

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply i have tried uping my fruit to no avail, when i do it is like a half stool not long ways but the other.

It is getting anoying, had colonscopy 6 months ago for nothing related. I will try aloe vera

• Posted

Hi

It's worth a try also try bimuno satchets its agreat  way of getting billions of good bacteria into your tummy I have been taking 1 every day for 3 months now and for the first time in 12 years pain free and constipation free etc it's a matter of trial and error glad your results were negative but you want to get to the bottom of your problem try either aloe vera or bimuno I promise they work wonders

Take care

Kevin  

• Posted

Firstly hi,

Constipation is, or can be caused by being constipated or even if you have diarrhea, you could be suffering from an "overflow". Taking laxatives does not always work, especially if you have an overflow.

An overflow is caused by constipation, even though you may think you have diarrhea. Basically, a blockage builds up within the colon and higher if not treated. Diarrhea will or can build up behind this, so even though you feel bloated and constipated, you have diarrhea.

It can get to a point whereby your body will start rejecting food altogether, an in rare cases you can suffer from bad nausea in the form of diarrhea, this requires emergency treatment in an hospital.

Since you have used laxatives and have not really good results I would consider you seek your doctor for a referral to have an colonoscopy done. They can check then if you have an overflow issue, or an underlying problem - but certainly seek medical advice as soon as possible.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

thanks for your reply, i did wonder if laxatives turn the stool to water thus releasing the stool?

It is movicol that i am using.

• Posted

Hi,

Because you are feeling more nauseous now, means you should seek medical advice very soon. There are known cases where people have become that constipated that when they are sick you vomit diarrhea from your mouth and nose, and in some reports the eye ducts.

Laxatives can work, you can even make your own that will loosen you within a few hours, but you need to drink coffee with white milk and brown sugar (2-4) teaspoon fulls.

Your best bet is the doctors, delaying could cause the condition to become worse.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Another thing is you need to drink at least 2litres of water or more a day, this will also be of benefit if constipation is the main issue.
    • Posted

I do drink lots of water a day, maybe the sickness is a bug, always felt sick but only been sick today. My belly is very cold though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.