Am I just panicing!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone, two days ago In the morning I had blood from my sinius in my nose and in my throat area (I think it drained down in the night).  Since then after postural drainage and when I cough the mucous has changed from big blobs of yellow to a greener colour.  Do I go straight to A + E or go to the doctors who will send me for mucous test, x-ray but it could take a week or so. Or am I over reacting and slight green mucous is ok - I would appreachiate your comments Ta (as we say in Wales) Samantha

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you take a sample of your mucus with you your gp should send it of to hospital to get tested but while you wait for it to come back he should gave you antibiotics x
    • Posted

Yes let us know iv just gone throw the same with my sinus got bad infection was worrying it would go to my lungs but seems to be getting better now after 4 days of antibiotics yet again seem to be on them for last year with only 6 weeks break but I'm back at hospital tomorr so have to see Wat they say 6 month check up. Any way hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

Samantha...sounds like you have a bad sinus infection...yellow & green not good....you need antiboitics very soon....I would not wait....
  • Posted

Hi everyone - all sorted (I  hope) sinus infection - not gone to my lungs but now on anti biotics to clear that up and washing sinuses out with salt water (which is rather pleasant!) Samantha
  • Posted

I know how scary this is Samantha but it does happen.But promt action must be taken as any changes in the darkness of sputum and blood needs antibiotics.I see you have got the right advice here and have taken it.As you know we get bad times and good ones.Hope you feel better soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.