Am I losing my mind and getting migraines??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. Just in need of advice. I think I'm starting to get consistant migraines. I've never had these before.

If I may tell you a back story. I have been under a bit of stress. My grandparents passed. Soon after I lost my father. A year later my home had a flood and I was living in a hotel for one month. I switched my job and I am now living in an apartment where my ill neighbor below is hassling me with noise complaints even though I am not home and I work full time. :-/ my health as gone south. My doctor recently diagnosed me with PCOS. I take a lot of pills now....

Anyway. The day after my neighbor yelled at me about noise from my tele (this was 11am mind you) I got really upset. I needed to go with my fiancé to his doctor appointment and I was so dizzy and had vertigo. He had to hold me as we walked. By the time I got to the parking lot I vomited. This was last week. By everyday I feel light headed not focused. Little pains in my forehead and back cranial.

Are these signs of a serious condition?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Friends of mine have had these symptoms when they have been under a lot of stress also could be an inner ear infection or migraine - worry will no doubt make your symptoms worse so I would take yourself off to the docs so they can point you in the right direction and eliviate your fears. Also don't forget some medication can cause side effects like vertigo, sickness etc so could a lot of factors. Hope you feel better soon sounds like you are due some good luck!
  • Posted

Hi there ,

I have to honestly say to you it sounds like your under a enormous amount of stress now as a sufferer of hemoplegic migraines (myself ) a extreme form of migraine . What i would say is go to your gp tell them what you have said on here it could be you need anti depressants and i got severe depression after being ill and it is awfull . They can also help you with these headaches because they will only get worse if not treated . Please please go get help .....

Take care Andy .

• Posted

Hi Dar

It sounds like you could have vertigo associated with migraine but you do need to see your GP to rule other things out.

These symtoms could be brought on by stress.  If the stressful things in your life is affecting your sleep it could bring on migraine/vertigo. Stress can also lower your immune system and make you more prone to illness.  You are clearly being harrassed and that on top of everything else that has happened to you could make you ill.

You said your neighbour yelled at you.  Is it possible that this affected your eardrum?

I hope you get some answers soon but try not to think of anything serious at this stage.  Good luck. 

• Posted

Hey thank you. My ear drum was damaged when I was 15 - hit by a car I was a pedestrian. But the neighbor didn't hurt my ear.
  • Posted

This is my experience in case it helps you. I suffer from anxiety and migraines but had no migraines for 3 years (found out oranges were a trigger) Went to GP regarding anxiety who put me on Sertraline. I had 8 migraines in 5 weeks and realised it was a side effect of the sertraline. I stopped sertraline about 2 weeks ago and no migraines since and now on meds for anxiety. So could be a side affect of your meds.
    • Posted

Thank you all for you replies. Phil I wasn't on my meds for PCOS yet that day I was really sick. I had just woken up like that. Vertiago comes and goes as of right now - occasionally the headache pains are there and then they go away. Also found my iron is low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.