am i lucky?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i use to have lower back pain once or twice every year which will be cured by gps anti inflamatory medicines.from nov 2014 i started with a very slight pain insidemy left leg.tried few anti inflamatory as usual but no difference by feb it got worse for a week and anyway completely cured in two weeks.my gp çleared me and said i dont need any more check ups.but i insisted for a private mri.i did that on march 10th.the next day eve i got a call from my gp asking me to go to AE asap.there was significant compression on cauda equina bue to a bulged disc in l4l5.it was almost fully compressed the nerve but i dont have any symptoms except slight heavyness on my two toes.any way i referred for microdiscetomy which happened by april 9th.my surgeon was saying it was a lucky escape because it was a big disc bulge..since i read all ces experiences i am also feeling like that(EVEN I REGRETED FOR TIME BEING WHY I DID SURGERY WITHOUT ANY SYMPTOMS).after reading some symptoms now i know i was urinating very frequently during night and have to give more pressure to pee.after the surgery my toes feel the same.i have only advice to all-if you concerned even1% please go for a private mri.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's nice to hear a lucky escape. It show the difference if operated on in time. And like me not being operated on in time with established Cauda equine. Mobility problems pain nonstop a colostomy stoma and urstomy stoma bladder removed. and 3 more operation I would not of had. At least I won damages to help me through life. I would swap all that to be at work and playing golf. That's the bad side so all of u hanging about in pain get it sorted. Pester them till u get it sorted. I don't believe in this conservative treatment. U either need a op or not
  • Posted

Dude. You are so lucky. Surgery and sometimes it's results are a drag but atleast you do not have permanent damage as that would have been your future. I am an RN with a work related L4L5 and trust me, your seemingly whimsical request to have an MRI was spot on! You are among the very few fortunate ones!
  • Posted

Dude. You are so lucky. Surgery and sometimes it's results are a drag but atleast you do not have permanent damage as that would have been your future. I am an RN with a work related L4L5 and trust me, your seemingly whimsical request to have an MRI was spot on! You are among the very few fortunate ones!
    • Posted

Hi chrioli_i know the depression i had even after the best outcome.so i can understand the other side of it.lets share our experience through this forum.may be it will help others...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.