Skip to content
Ad

Cauda Equina Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Recovery from Cauda Equina Syndrome

I wanted to share a story of my boyfriends experience with CES because I had never heard of it until he was diagnosed, I searched for information on how he might recover and read so many traumatic stories I was devasted.  I could not find any positive outcomes. For people who might be newly learning...

Last reply
  • Recovery

i had injections in my spine 3 weeks ago and pain has eased. I also reduced lyrica from 600 to 3oo daily and amnetryptyline from 30 to 20 ,. I'm moving better and praying that I can retain what I got. Never ever give up ,

Posted
  • My experience of Cauda Equina Syndrome

I thought I'd post about my experience of Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES) in case it's of any use to anyone. I'm a 30-year-old woman. In spring 2010 my lower back suddenly became painful. It didn't get better. Over the summer I tried various things - painkillers, the chiropractor, the gym,...

Last reply
  • hi my CES back story

Hi everyone, I wanted to chime in here... I have had 3 major back surgeries on my L4-5 left side over the last 15 years the first being back in 2004 when my sciatica was so bad I couldn't stand up... The Dr. took a year of dragging thier feet and screwing around with shots to finally get me in for...

Last reply
  • 3 weeks since CES surgery

Hi, I have just joined this site and thought I would post my recent story with CES. I am male and 36. To cut a long story short on March 29 2017, a few days after my initial onset of back pain, I had the first red flag symptons of CES namely numbness in right buttock/top of leg and foot. Shortly afterwards...

Last reply
  • Injections

I had surgery in November 14 and left with saddle anestesia radiating down left leg. Lot of pain in ankle and foot. I was put on lyrics 300mg am/pm, and amnetriptyline 20 mg am/pm. Lyrica affecting my memory and I tried to reduce but found I couldn't cope without high dose. I had spinal injections...

Last reply
  • Symptoms of Cauda Equina Syndrome but no firm diagnosis?

Hi everyone I am currently in a frustrating, not to mention worrying situation with regard to my condition at present. This seems like a really helpful community so I'm glad that I have stumbled across it. To get the full story across, this post will no doubt be a tad lengthy, but I will try and...

Last reply
  • My CES Story - 1 week in

Hi my name is Adam, 34 years old, and have been healthy, fit and strong for all of my life, never broke a bone or had surgery. My career is going great and I've been married to the most amazing women for over 4 years who gave birth to our first child, a beautiful baby boy on 18th November. For...

Last reply
  • Cauda Equina recovery

Hey my brother suffered a tumor compressing his nerves.. 8 months post op hes able to take few steps with walker and full support. Ive heard it takes 3 years to get all functions back? Will his situation change in terms of walking also he has bladder incontinence does that get better with time? It was...

Last reply
  • CES on one side?

Does CES present itself in both sides or could it be in just one side only? So here is my story, and I am very, very concerned I could be having CES. On Thursday I was building some Ikea cabinets and my lower back hut really bad right after, i took a hot bath and went to bed. In the morning I woke up...

Last reply
  • Can i claim pip for ces

Started with it in january had mri in febuary was diagonsed 2 week later had operation 17th march now struggle to walk any distance without pain in my left leg.

Last reply
  • Cauda equina

Hi, I have severe pain in my anus area, frequent diarrhea & Bowel incontinence for last 4-5 years . In 2013 I underwent a laser surgery for anal fistula . Since then I have this problem . Now since 2016 I have developed numbness in my legs and feet. My vitamin b12 level was too low , since I am...

Last reply
  • Drop foot /foot drop

I have been on this site before reading all the comments and conversations about ces but just now feel I'm able to write about my experience. it been nearly 4 years since my back surgery.it all started in may or 2013  ( I was 39 )with a sore lower back which I would have once a year and would...

Last reply
  • Struggling at work

Hi. I have just founf this support group and have been reading the comments. I have had CES since 2011 and have been trying to live a normal life even though I walk with a limp and have no feeling at the back of my legs and my left foot. I have to self catheterise and have total safddlebag anaesthesia....

Last reply
  • Have you had these treatments?

I am so excited to have found this site. I have been feeling very alone lately and exhausted from explaining to people that I did not simply herniate a disc last year.  I have recently had a worsening of pain and I am looking for any other stories out there that may relate to mine. As a kid/young...

Last reply
  • Cauda Equina: My Experience

So, before I get started I have to say I write this with a measure of guilt. Many people here have heart-rending stories and trust me I feel for all of you. But, compared to many stories I seem to have fewer symptoms. I went back and forth about writing my story and it took a great deal of convincing...

Last reply
  • Slow onset Cauda Equina with bowel problems.

Hello people. I would like some help if possible please. Has anyone on here had experience of slow onset cauda equina with related BOWEL problems as opposed to bladder problems. I can't seem to find any information or people who have experienced it. It seems the slow onset is more commonly accompanied...

Last reply
  • misdiagnosed with sciatica

hi, i was diagnosed with sciatica for 8 weeks suffering horrendous pain, i was taken in for emergency surgery after begging for an mri. on the eve of the mri i was told i had ces...the damage i have been left with is awful yet the gps carry on with their buisness and day to day lives....apparently the...

Last reply
  • CES and ED

Hello, I'm a 22 y/o male who just had an emergency laminectomy done on 2/27/17. I couldn't feel my lower half and was experiencing some incontinence. I was flown out via helicopter to get the surgery done, which went great, no pain in lower back after years. I'm home now after spending...

Last reply
  • Symptoms of CES

Could anyone help me out, I was diagnosed with CES in 2014, in 2014 I started experiencing pressure from my saddle area, has anyone else experienced this feeling, as I was left for 2 weeks b4 surgery and one of tge reasons was I didn't say I was numb I said I had a pressure feeling!!!!

Last reply
  • 7wks Post Op For CES and Scared

Hey all, Hoping I can receive some help or support, please. There's a long, sad story (like so many of you have) that precedes my emergency surgery in Jan, but it doesn't matter at the moment because what's happening currently is what matters. Felt fan-f***-ing-tastic after surgery, even...

Last reply
  • CES symptoms

Hi, I'm new to this group and I'm just hoping for some support and guidance really. In June 2016 I was knocked over, I was thrown into the air and was in almost a feotal position when I landed so my coccyx took the impact. I had an ambulance come out because I couldn't move due to the pain,...

Last reply
  • I NEED AN URGENT HELP BECAUSE I AM BEGINING TO BE MORE WORRY

I have been CES little over a year before undergoing the surgery two months ago.However, I have few questions to ask even though I was diagnosed of CES and Lumbar stenosis of which I was operated upon on 16 January 2017. In fact after the surgery I began to feel more releved as compared to previously...

Last reply
  • learning to walk all over again after CES

Good evening everyone on this amazing site.  So gald I found it. My back went out after getting up out of bed. I layed on the floor for three hours and every time I moved my lower back hurt. So I called my mom, talked to her for a while,had lunch on the floor. As long as I didn't move, I was...

Last reply
  • No control and extremely stressed!!!

Hi everyone! my name is Kim! I've had 3 back surgeries so far this year and ever since the first one in January I've had absolutely no control over my bowels or my bladder, everything in my genital area is completely numb!!! I have to self catheterize myself every 4 hours and I have to digitally...

Last reply
  • Slow onset CES two years post surgery. Damaged nerves healing?

Two years on and I'm still looking for others in the world with information to share about Cauda equina experiences. I'm currently feeling confused about whether I am experiencing permanent nerve damage feelings or shifting sensations that are healing, or both together. I know there are no easy...

Last reply
  • tail bone numbness

I had an spinal cord injury at L2 about 18 months ago and now have numbness in my tailbone all the time. This is really annoying. Does anyone know his to get rid of this? I also cath 4 times a day and drip all the time so I must wear diapers. Anyone k ow how to fix this annoying problem.

Posted
  • My experience

Hi, I was training for a triathlon last year (2015), when the issue started, I'd had back pain for years and just dealt with it, seeing as it just comes and goes, I thought i could manage it, Then i started getting pins and needles in my groin and around my rear end, which was very weird, and then...

Posted
  • Pregnancy and CES

I'm 23 weeks pregnant with my third baby (my second baby since my CES diagnosis). My other children are 10 years old and almost 15 months old. My last pregnancy wasn't too bad until the last few months... I really struggled and ended up on crutches. This time round I've been struggling since...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.